• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ENGLAND v Belgium

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
No idea what team we'll put out for this one. Rumor has it that some possible changes are Trent Alexander will cover for Trippier, Rose for Young, Cahill for Maguire, Dier for Henderson
and Wellbeck for Kane. It's all up to the Gods now.
I predict an extremely open 2-2 draw.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

I just do not know how to call this one but have a feeling we might get a 2-1 win.

Come on England.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two sides going through the motions, trying to avoid cards and injuries, all apart from Kane and Lukaku who have got their eyes on the Golden Boot.

Bore draw 1-1.

LOG

Dier is apparently starting. Lukaku has an ankle knack and isn't according to the innernet.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
With the side coming second in the group having the "easier" path in the competition neither have any incentive to win the game. Bore draw and the team with the best disciplinary record topping the group.

IndoMike

With the side coming second in the group having the "easier" path in the competition neither have any incentive to win the game. Bore draw and the team with the best disciplinary record topping the group.
Bit ridiculous really. if it pans out that both teams want to finish second there might be a battle to get the most cards at the end. If I were Martinez and Sarfgate I'd have a *top secret phone call and agree that each team rests their best 4 players and then play to win.

* I forgot : it's Russia

IndoMike

Apparently the team that finishes first has much more traveling to do on route to the final.

IndoMike

And the gossip is that Martinez is taking into account the easier path playing-wise and travel- wise if coming second. It seems crazy that coming first is a disadvantage, but i guess that's just the way it worked out.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has Nil - Nil Written all over it - therefore, expect a deluge of goals

IndoMike

Has Nil - Nil Written all over it - therefore, expect a deluge of goals
I'm still confused about this one : I don't even know what result I really want. But perceived wisdom is that we should play our best team and try to win.