• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Aaron Martin new signing

scottus86

Centre back that like to play football. Has had injury problems but has played at a higher level. Good signing? I think it could be. Does anyone know which foot he likes to use?

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
On 25 June 2016, Martin joined Oxford United on a two-year contract.[30] He made 11 appearances in all competitions in 2016–17, before a ruptured Achilles tendon ruled him out for the remainder of the season. He's 28....

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Centre back that like to play football. Has had injury problems but has played at a higher level. Good signing? I think it could be. Does anyone know which foot he likes to use?
Might be good... then again, 5 league appearances over the last 2 seasons for Oxford doesn't exactly get my pulse racing for the new season. Where's it reported he's signed?

Colesman Ballz

Might be good... then again, 5 league appearances over the last 2 seasons for Oxford doesn't exactly get my pulse racing for the new season. Where's it reported he's signed?
On the Club site, and Beeb.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the Club site, and Beeb.
Aha, just seen.

IndoMike

My first reaction was "great" but we have to hope his recovery is complete. As you say 5 league appearances in two seasons takes the gloss off it a bit. However, if he is fit and ready to go then we certainly need someone with his experience.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks a decent signing to me - hopefully over his nasty injury.
Welcome Aaron

D__Lo__

He's a right-footed centre-back but can fill in at right-back too, bit like Sweeney.

Doug3101

Told my lad. He says he is 66 rated on FIFA. Apparently that's good. It's a strange day when I take the word of a 12 year old!

scottus86

His injury record is a bit of a worry but that's why we have the strength and conditioning coach. Guess this means it's a no on the resigning of TAH.