• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Playing Budget

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm losing track of money available for the playing budget. We received moneys for Wheeler, Watkins, Ampadu, Reid and Storey over the last year, around 4.8m - big money for us.
Obviously there are overlaps but more or less this money is divided into three seasons and into three groups - academy, playing and admin. Is that right? In addition to the standard budget
the club can provide per season. Can anyone help on this?

Intheknow84

Plus we must be saving 100k per year from Perryman and Tisdale leaving
Wages from loan players plus released sold players.
We should be very competitive in that department.
Be able to pay a fee if required but I would expect we should be able to get some good young players free

rifraf

...... And 2 Wembley appearances via play-offs.

IndoMike

...... And 2 Wembley appearances via play-offs.
That's true. Around 500k including all playoffs maybe

Intheknow84

Good point regarding that. So a decent top player must be wages around 2k per week that’s 100k a year roughly. So we can easily sign 4-5 top players within budget to replace and compliment what we have.
Then 3-4 top youngsters on loan and we have a good squad

IndoMike

Good point regarding that. So a decent top player must be wages around 2k per week that’s 100k a year roughly. So we can easily sign 4-5 top players within budget to replace and compliment what we have.
Then 3-4 top youngsters on loan and we have a good squad
We're also saving salaries of JMT, Seaborne, Simpson, Brunt, Storey, Macca, Gwinnet, Oakley - if they were all on fixed salaries

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're also saving salaries of JMT, Seaborne, Simpson, Brunt, Storey, Macca, Gwinnet, Oakley - if they were all on fixed salaries
BUt we are spending out on Assistant manager, increase in Taylors salary, new under 23 coach and a strength and conditioning coach. So it's not all spare cash

IndoMike

BUt we are spending out on Assistant manager, increase in Taylors salary, new under 23 coach and a strength and conditioning coach. So it's not all spare cash
i know it's not all spare cash - there are taxes and insurance too. But I'm speaking from this moment when we don't have those replacements yet. If I'm not wrong it all comes from the playing budget.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
T A H as well.

IndoMike

T A H as well.
Thanks. Forgot about Troy.