• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumour - Luke Southwood

Sprocket

Apparently being lined up to come in on a season-long loan from Reading, should an acceptable offer come in for Pym.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds like Pyms departure is imminent then.

PeteUSA

Apparently being lined up to come in on a season-long loan from Reading, should an acceptable offer come in for Pym.
From that, I would have thought its safe to conclude that Pym will be leaving, subject to the club getting the sort of money they value him at. Why on earth would a replacement be earmarked for the entire season if that wasnt the case? I still think that for both our sakes he could have done with another season with us. I'm aware he won nearly every award going at the club last season, but I hope he's not making a move prematurely to somewhere like Milton Keynes, when the chance to join a really big club might arise after one more season.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
From that, I would have thought its safe to conclude that Pym will be leaving, subject to the club getting the sort of money they value him at. Why on earth would a replacement be earmarked for the entire season if that wasnt the case? I still think that for both our sakes he could have done with another season with us. I'm aware he won nearly every award going at the club last season, but I hope he's not making a move prematurely to somewhere like Milton Keynes, when the chance to join a really big club might arise after one more season.
Probably the right time to move on for Pym, to be honest. Only way his stock can rise much from last season is by doing the same at a higher level. Disaster for us though, on the pitch... If he does go, hope we get well compensated.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Southwood was loaned to Bath last season so there is a connection there but don't know about Pym, although an obvious target our squad for other clubs, would be good cover should Pym go

budegrecian

I'd be happy with Paul Jones returning if Pym did leave. I thought that was what his loan spell was all about.
I'd heard Wigan were interested but wouldbe a great shame if he did go though.

PeteUSA

Probably the right time to move on for Pym, to be honest. Only way his stock can rise much from last season is by doing the same at a higher level.
I agree, and by a higher level I would exclude League 1. He can do better than that.

PeteUSA

I'd be happy with Paul Jones returning if Pym did leave.
So would I. Jonah is certainly good enough for League 2.

LDNGrecian

If this guy was on loan to bath last year, surely he’s at the level to be understudy to Pym? Not sure how it confirms Pym is leaving

manc grecian

Happy for Hamon to be number 1.