Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Nichols on his way back

Re: Tom Nichols on his way back

Whilst this rumour has less legs than a snake I'd like to make the point I'm a big fan of Nichols.

Would be a great foil for Stockley however I cannot see it happening. I imagine he is on a few thousand a week at Bristol Rovers and I presume he has plenty of his contract to run.

Perhaps an offer to take him on loan covering a percentage of his wages would be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    I came very close to putting in a transfer request after the Liverpool replay.
    And,without wishing to be unkind, if the Peterborough forum had put in a six figure bid, we would have had to let you go.

As much as you don't believe me there's actually one thing I do know and that is that Tomo is on over 7k a week at rovers. That's genuine. He's not coming back, i don't know how much our players on but I couldn't imagine they're on 7k a week

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    As much as you don't believe me there's actually one thing I do know and that is that Tomo is on over 7k a week at rovers. That's genuine. He's not coming back, i don't know how much our players on but I couldn't imagine they're on 7k a week
    You couldn't make it up..................

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Indeed.

Come on angus. Pull the udder one!

Bristol post are now reporting the story... Maybe you were onto something?

Then again, it looks like they've just been reading this forum considering they're also quoting 750k for Storey.
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...r-city-1673629

Whilst the Grecians are not short of money having just sold Jordan Storey to Preston North End for a fee believed to be around 750,000, their record signing is Jayden Stockley for 100,000 - and it is difficult to imagine them wanting to pay that sort of money for a striker low on confidence.

A move would also depend on whether or not Nichols would be willing to take a wage cut and return to his former club, who have gone through something of an upheaval themselves with the departure of long-serving manager Paul Tisdale.

So whether this deal goes ahead or not surely comes down to the sort of money Exeter want to cough up.
    Last edited by ExeterCityLad; 14 June 2018 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by ExeterCityLad View Post
    Bristol post are now reporting the story... Maybe you were onto something?

Then again, it looks like they've just been reading this forum considering they're also quoting 750k for Storey.
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...r-city-1673629

Whilst the Grecians are not short of money having just sold Jordan Storey to Preston North End for a fee believed to be around 750,000, their record signing is Jayden Stockley for 100,000 - and it is difficult to imagine them wanting to pay that sort of money for a striker low on confidence.

A move would also depend on whether or not Nichols would be willing to take a wage cut and return to his former club, who have gone through something of an upheaval themselves with the departure of long-serving manager Paul Tisdale.

So whether this deal goes ahead or not surely comes down to the sort of money Exeter want to cough up.
    Bristol Post are part of the newspaper group that own the E&E and Plymouth Herald. All share stories.

Quote Originally Posted by iscalad View Post
    You couldn't make it up..................
    He could , he'll make up anything to get attention

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    As much as you don't believe me
    when anyone starts a post in that manner you have summed it up son

Maybe a possibility when he's out of contract or released but as it is today he's to expensive in fee and wages.