Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Nichols on his way back

Re: Tom Nichols on his way back

The question is would he be better than Jay who is on a faction of the wages I don't know the answer.

Oh dear, another ex-city player who we seem to think is a goal scoring legend. Hes not, we can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Langer View Post
    The question is would he be better than Jay who is on a faction of the wages I don't know the answer.
    Yes he would be better. Other than last season’s poor return, Nichols scored double figures in each of the previous three seasons. Matt Jay is a trier but I doubt he will ever be a goal scorer although happy to be proven wrong.

I do think that if this has any legs I’d be slightly concerned at spending a fee on Nichols though. I still don’t think it will happen unless he’s been told he’s no longer required by Rovers.

Nice to know that a player from another club is choosing to train with us at a time when our players are off on their holidays

I do not get the dislike for Nichols at at. He scored 17 in 36 the season before he left, and 10 in 22 before he departed to the Posh. Good mover, good finisher. I see no downside.

No thank you, I’m sure we can find some new blood and not just more of the old guard. We need to get out of that habit permanently

Quote Originally Posted by berniesworld View Post
    No thank you, I’m sure we can find some new blood and not just more of the old guard. We need to get out of that habit permanently
    We do have a habit of that. Look, We have a new manager who hopefully has new, fresh idea's on the way the direction of the team will go from now on, We can't just re-sign players Tisdale signed or were here during his tenure, I'm looking forward to some new faces and trialists during pre-season and hoping some will be good enough to sign

Three pages of this thread now and not one hint of it being substantiated. What is more amusing is the fact that it was started by Angus.

Stockley scored 0.46 goals per league game last season. Nichol's last two seasons with us he scored 0.46 goals per game.

Nichols is a goal scorer. A fox in the box player who would thrive alongside someone like stockley.
    I'd take him back in a flash if rovers release him.