• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tom Nichols on his way back

Langer

The question is would he be better than Jay who is on a faction of the wages I don't know the answer.

Dubai Grecian

Oh dear, another ex-city player who we seem to think is a goal scoring legend. He’s not, we can do better.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The question is would he be better than Jay who is on a faction of the wages I don't know the answer.
Yes he would be better. Other than last season’s poor return, Nichols scored double figures in each of the previous three seasons. Matt Jay is a trier but I doubt he will ever be a goal scorer although happy to be proven wrong.

I do think that if this has any legs I’d be slightly concerned at spending a fee on Nichols though. I still don’t think it will happen unless he’s been told he’s no longer required by Rovers.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nice to know that a player from another club is choosing to train with us at a time when our players are off on their holidays

jimbo-gould

I do not get the dislike for Nichols at at. He scored 17 in 36 the season before he left, and 10 in 22 before he departed to the Posh. Good mover, good finisher. I see no downside.

berniesworld

No thank you, I’m sure we can find some new blood and not just more of the old guard. We need to get out of that habit permanently

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
No thank you, I’m sure we can find some new blood and not just more of the old guard. We need to get out of that habit permanently
We do have a habit of that. Look, We have a new manager who hopefully has new, fresh idea's on the way the direction of the team will go from now on, We can't just re-sign players Tisdale signed or were here during his tenure, I'm looking forward to some new faces and trialists during pre-season and hoping some will be good enough to sign

contrabombarde

Three pages of this thread now and not one hint of it being substantiated. What is more amusing is the fact that it was started by Angus.

jimbo-gould

Stockley scored 0.46 goals per league game last season. Nichol's last two seasons with us he scored 0.46 goals per game.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nichols is a goal scorer. A fox in the box player who would thrive alongside someone like stockley.
I'd take him back in a flash if rovers release him.