• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tom Nichols on his way back

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Read the poster rather than the post in this case.
Hehe. He's catching more fish than an Icelandic trawler.. ;)

malcolms

You would love to think it's not true....The default return of past players was one of the curses of the PT era.

I just saw Don Goodman outside Wagamama's in Princesshay. Should we be concerned?

StroudGrecian

Alex Russell was outside the Milkmaid earlier, having an ice cream lolly with Matty T.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alex Russell was outside the Milkmaid earlier, having an ice cream lolly with Matty T.
Who paid for it? We need to be careful as we don't want to be embroiled in Lollygate, as opposed to pizzagate

Banksy

Now if you'd said it was Jamie Cureton who was spotted I'd believe you Angus.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No chance of Tom coming back and I'm bleddy glad as well.

Red Devon

Would like to think this is going to happen.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, still under contract so presumably would command a fee.

I think he’d be a very good signing and is the sort of player we’re packing up front. Has good movement, has a bit of pace plus can finish. He’s only 24 too so plenty of time left in his career.

I’m still sceptical if this is true though as you’d imagine Nichols would want to prove a point at Rovers after having a poor first season.
Not at all convinced there's anything in the OP, notwithstanding that, much as I like Tom Nicholls as a player, pacey is one thing he most certainly ain't!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, still under contract so presumably would command a fee.

I think he’d be a very good signing and is the sort of player we’re packing up front. Has good movement, has a bit of pace plus can finish. He’s only 24 too so plenty of time left in his career.

I’m still sceptical if this is true though as you’d imagine Nichols would want to prove a point at Rovers after having a poor first season.
He might have a point to prove, but Rovers might not be in a mood to allow him to prove it. If Rovers want to offload him and he's available on the cheap, might be a good move for both parties. I'm all for not focusing on ex-players, but he was decent for us, left for a good fee and might be available to come back for peanuts. Jury'd be out on whether he could reproduce it, but I wouldn't be upset to see him given a shot.