Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Storey joins Preston

Re: Jordan Storey joins Preston

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Did not want to read this and am finding it very difficult to understand why the Club has done it now. We did not need to sell and could have kept him and cashed in with a substantial transfer fee in 12 months time. I sincerely hope that we have secured a good deal and have not given him away.
    The club is briefing a 'substantial' fee. I would love to keep him, but if they player wants the move then it's in our best interests to let them go. Makes contract renewals a lot more difficult if players think we'll hold them back in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Did not want to read this and am finding it very difficult to understand why the Club has done it now. We did not need to sell and could have kept him and cashed in with a substantial transfer fee in 12 months time. I sincerely hope that we have secured a good deal and have not given him away.
    I can see Storey being really chuffed at us turning down a move to the championship. Kids want to join us because there is a pathway to the first team and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by manc grecian View Post
    I can see Storey being really chuffed at us turning down a move to the championship. Kids want to join us because there is a pathway to the first team and beyond.
    Is and always will be the correct answer. The club has said the fee is ‘substantial’, it also said that whilst it would have loved Storey to stay and develop here it couldn’t stand in his way and block such a move. That one of our players has moved up two divisions for decent money is never something we should be disappointed with and we should congratulate both Storey and the club on the move.

Just hope Brown and JMT are here for a while now...

Tagg said:

"Moments like this are always bittersweet as we would have loved to have kept Jordan and watched him develop further with Exeter City, but the need to be realistic about an offer as substantial as this was one we felt – when considering the long-term prospects of the club – needed to be accepted.

“Both the football management and the club board were unanimous in the decision that this was both the right deal for the player and for the club.”

It sounds promising that we received a good fee for Storey.

Quote Originally Posted by manc grecian View Post
    This has dampened my enthusiasm for the new season,the lad is a tremendous prospect, who's next?

Totally agree. Players need to see if they join our academy they have a great chance to progress and the club will not hold them back.

Sickening news, how much money do we need before we stop selling rising talent. Storey was the highlight of the season for me and why couldn't he have progressed with us for another season and really have earnt us some dosh?

Can Preston afford the million or so that we were surely asking?

Wonder if Alex Hartridge can step up?

Positively it’s happened now rather than a week before the season starts, we know where we stand and the manager can still build the team he wants. As frustrating as it is the undisclosed helps us if, as we hope, we become a club looking to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    Sickening news, how much money do we need before we stop selling rising talent. Storey was the highlight of the season for me and why couldn't he have progressed with us for another season and really have earnt us some dosh?

We're always going to sell to a championship club. As would every league 2 and probably league 1 club.

Surely people can't expect us to keep a player when there are offers from clubs two divisions above. Be great if we say no and the player can't be arsed putting 100% in

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post

Their forum is suggesting 750 to 1 mill.