Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Storey joins Preston

Re: Jordan Storey joins Preston

Quote Originally Posted by grecIAN Harris View Post
    Are The Trust the major shareholder in the club? Yes. As the major shareholder they hold the responsibility to invest and grow the club. To do that, it has to have money in the first place. It doesn't and doesn't seem to have much idea where it's going to raise it.
    As for investing in the club, you know as well as I do football clubs under the top level (and even at the top level) are bottomless pits. You don't invest money in football clubs to make money. It's a labour of love and ultimately that's what The Trust is about, funding the labour of love that is Exeter City FC for the supporters.
    There is a lack of logic at the heart of this. Football clubs are a black hole for money, so aren't worth investing in... so we should invest elsewhere, get a load of money saved... then throw it into the black hole to no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by manc grecian View Post
    So the problem appears to be that the players we are producing are too good. A complete overhaul is needed in order to produce worser players.
    Made I larf!

(Until I remembered that a complete overhaul at the top of the club is what were currently engaged in)

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    I've been told from one of my PNE friends that we got 320K upfront with sell on percentage
    Sorry matey but I have been reliably informed and my source is very very close to the club that we have got 495,000 plus a 50% sell on. .................................... Its so easy to make anything up just to attract attention to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint James View Post
    Sorry matey but I have been reliably informed and my source is very very close to the club that we have got 495,000 plus a 50% sell on. .................................... Its so easy to make anything up just to attract attention to yourself.
    My source informs me it was 750k upfront with a 15% sell on and a further 100k if he plays 50 games for PNE. The sell on figure would exclude the 750k.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint James View Post
    My source informs me it was 750k upfront with a 15% sell on and a further 100k if he plays 50 games for PNE. The sell on figure would exclude the 750k...........your right. It's good fun as well!

"The moment I wake up
    I'm ready for Angus's make up
    'I'll say another player for you' "
    Last edited by Spoonz Red E; 13 June 2018 at 19:04.

Quote Originally Posted by manc grecian View Post
    So the problem appears to be that the players we are producing are too good. A complete overhaul is needed in order to produce worser players.
    It's debatable that worser is a proper word. If so, we would be unable to produce worser players. Have to stick with good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    Interesting to know if, without Perryman, we got any sell ons or appearance money clauses.
    I think that you'll find that ECFC have a very good 'Transfer Policy' in place where, there is a set amount up front Xk/m them % add-ons to cover appearances, etc. This is the same as most clubs and not just done on a 'whim', pluck a figure out the sky or the 'back of a fag packet'!

Also ALL transfers have to be sanctioned by The FA who act a 'middle men' for the fees and, surprisingly, don't take any % for their services. [Steps back in amazement!] This way appearances are officially recorded, staged payments paid on time and - hopefully - the James Dunne episode is a thing of the past.

I suppose when it all comes down to brass tacks it's attendances that need to increase. As a very rough estimation if we're getting an average of 4000 people paying an average of 20 each (including beer) then that's 80 000 earned per match (course there are other factors to detract but those are fairly constant whatever the attendance), if we were getting 8000 like that lot down the road then that would be more than doubled. It takes us 10 home games to cover the money we got for Storey (allegedly), Slime could do it in 5.

We need more people!

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    I suppose when it all comes down to brass tacks it's attendances that need to increase. As a very rough estimation if we're getting an average of 4000 people paying an average of 20 each (including beer) then that's 80 000 earned per match (course there are other factors to detract but those are fairly constant whatever the attendance), if we were getting 8000 like that lot down the road then that would be more than doubled. It takes us 10 home games to cover the money we got for Storey (allegedly), Slime could do it in 5.

We need more people!
    When we used to publish the figures an average crowd at the time (around 3300) yielded a net of about 15K.