Thread: Soccer Aid 2018

Soccer Aid 2018

Although not a fan of 'celeb' culture I often end up watching this game. Bit dubious about multi-millionaires begging Joe Public for cash but the football can be fun.

Usain Bolt reckons he wants to be a pro soccer player. What a joke. He wasn't even quick!!! If he turned up for a trial with City you'd laugh him out of the ground.

Mo Farrah couldn't trap a bag of cement or cross a road. Utterly hopeless. There's a reason people with no skill/talent become runners or cyclists.

There's a guy called Mark Wright (not that one) who is something to do with Essex. He's a proper player. Lovely left foot and could have easily played to a decent standard.

Robbie Keane is still class and would be deadly in a lower league.

Olly ("I used to play semi-pro") Murs thinks he's a bit of a player. He ain't.

The 40+year old ex-pros playing at walking pace play a different game to the rest of us.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Re: Soccer Aid 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Stelios View Post
    Although not a fan of 'celeb' culture I often end up watching this game. Bit dubious about multi-millionaires begging Joe Public for cash but the football can be fun.

Usain Bolt reckons he wants to be a pro soccer player. What a joke. He wasn't even quick!!! If he turned up for a trial with City you'd laugh him out of the ground.

Mo Farrah couldn't trap a bag of cement or cross a road. Utterly hopeless. There's a reason people with no skill/talent become runners or cyclists.

There's a guy called Mark Wright (not that one) who is something to do with Essex. He's a proper player. Lovely left foot and could have easily played to a decent standard.

Robbie Keane is still class and would be deadly in a lower league.

Olly ("I used to play semi-pro") Murs thinks he's a bit of a player. He ain't.

The 40+year old ex-pros playing at walking pace play a different game to the rest of us.
    Should have watched the Liverpool legends game at SJP a few years ago .........

Re: Soccer Aid 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Stelios View Post
    No Exeter legends available but I've heard that the difference in standard is even more obvious when you play 5-a-side with them - https://www.playwithalegend.com/about-us