Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

Re: ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Tarr View Post
    I'm sure I read that two more lads were offered terms -- Jordan Dyer and James Dodd.
    They were offered deals. Does the retained list mean they've not signed?
    https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/...new-contracts/

Given the size of budget and probable higher wages on offer, how many of our contracted players are likely to end up with our former manager at MK Dons?

Quote Originally Posted by C j phill View Post
    Given the size of budget and probable higher wages on offer, how many of our contracted players are likely to end up with our former manager at MK Dons?
    Not many, if any

i suspect between one and four.

Quote Originally Posted by C j phill View Post
    i suspect between one and four.
    Disagree. They may be able to offer more wages but they would have to offer decent fees to get them and MK won’t have that kind of financial muscle.

Add to that, we’re not going to be keen on selling to a possible promotion rival so they would have to really offer big money for us to accept. In today’s bloated market Stockley is worth between £1-2M and Pym, JMT, Boateng etc probably around the £3-500k mark. MK won’t have that kind of money.

Unless they go for someone who’s worth less such as James (please) or Sweeney but still can’t see many, if any, going.

And besides, MK have been signing up players while not having a manager in place so it is unlikely the owner will let tisdale spend more money on his old clique, who lets face it didn't get out of league 2. I think tisdale will go elsewhere

The three strikers who left will hardly be missed, they didnít contribute much. Agreed that Stockley needs help and we'd be useless up front without him. If asked, I wonder who Stockley himself would choose for a strike partner.

Well chuffed so far with the start of the post Cheeseassic age

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    The three strikers who left will hardly be missed, they didn’t contribute much. Agreed that Stockley needs help and we'd be useless up front without him. If asked, I wonder who Stockley himself would choose for a strike partner.
    Harry Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    The three strikers who left will hardly be missed, they didn’t contribute much. Agreed that Stockley needs help and we'd be useless up front without him. If asked, I wonder who Stockley himself would choose for a strike partner.
    Precisely. If Stockley gets injured we’d be left with Jay as the only forward who’s played for the first team so signing 2 strikers is an absolute must.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin Grecian View Post
    Precisely. If Stockley gets injured we’d be left with Jay as the only forward who’s played for the first team so signing 2 strikers is an absolute must.
    Yeah ..the no's of strikers we hve atm IS a concern at least 2 and maybe even 3 signings would be good. Or are there any good young ones in the pipe line ?