Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

Re: ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Yeah agree, it’s getting desperate now. Just past the end of the first week of June and the manager that’s been here a whopping whole week hasn’t added to the team that finished fourth last season. Looks like it’s going to be a real struggle and I’m sure I’m not the only one wondering whether I made the right decision in renewing my season ticket. We really are in crisis right now.
    Worse still the Storey move slashes the squad size to just 25 professionals under contract for next season.

Which block’s the singing block?

#panic

Yeah agree, itís getting desperate now. Just past the end of the first week of June and the manager thatís been here a whopping whole week hasnít added to the team that finished fourth last season. Looks like itís going to be a real struggle and Iím sure Iím not the only one wondering whether I made the right decision in renewing my season ticket. We really are in crisis right now.
    Yes OK , take your point but 4th or better next season? Not unless we get some quality in over the next few weeks, and donít lose any more. Cash in the bank for sure....but we need progress on the pitch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Topsham Boy View Post
    Yes OK , take your point but 4th or better next season? Not unless we get some quality in over the next few weeks, and don’t lose any more. Cash in the bank for sure....but we need progress on the pitch too.
    No worries - we've seen pictures that prove there's progress being made re the pitch.

Yeah agree, itís getting desperate now. Just past the end of the first week of June and the manager thatís been here a whopping whole week hasnít added to the team that finished fourth last season. Looks like itís going to be a real struggle and Iím sure Iím not the only one wondering whether I made the right decision in renewing my season ticket. We really are in crisis right now.
    OMG...Taylor out!!! Can I get a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Topsham Boy View Post
    Yes OK , take your point but 4th or better next season? Not unless we get some quality in over the next few weeks, and don’t lose any more. Cash in the bank for sure....but we need progress on the pitch too.
    Well if he'd played the way we did against Lincoln at Wembley we might well be an L1 club right now. The squad doesn't need much doing to it, even though there's only two and a half months of the transfer window left.

Well if he'd played the way we did against Lincoln at Wembley we might well be an L1 club right now. The squad doesn't need much doing to it, even though there's only two and a half months of the transfer window left.
    In fact, 'all' the squad needs to achieve is five more points than last season and that should guarantee us L1 football. Simples.

Not panicking about lack of signings yet. It will get that way though, knowing that the transfer window closes more than three weeks earlier this year.

Taylor will undoubtedly have had conversations with numerous players so far but if he’s going for ‘top targets’ like he said then we will have to be patient as those players would be talking to various other clubs if they’re that good.

MT will succeed in attracting the right players.

ECFC might be a minnow but the potential for aspiring players with real potential is huge and that's known in the game. What we don't want is a flurry of signings who , are either pretty useless or their so poor they never kick a ball in earnest.....there have been plenty of those in PT's era . Quality rather than quantity. Patience is required.

What we don't want to do is to lose more of our aspiring players such as JS this week ....that would be a disaster .