• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There will be some rule changes for this coming season https://www.efl.com/news/2018/june/future-format-of-checkatrade-trophy-and-201819-rule-changes/

I'm going to guess that when the draw is made we'll be in a group with Argyle, Yeovil and a Cat A team.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good news about eligibility for the B teams.

Terryhall

"...invited teams will only be able to name two players who are over the age of 21 and have made more than 40 First Team appearances."

(clap)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Also some changes for the league cup. No extra time, penalties at 90 mins if needed and original format not abba anymore, round one will still be a north south split but the first two rounds will not be seeded anymore so we could get another league two side.

Mk Dons first league game and in the cup anyone?

Temporarily Exiled

I wonder if we'll take this more seriously under Taylor. Yeovil got to the semis of the thing this year - Yeovil! If they can, we can. Also, going far didn't seem to stop Lincoln progressing in the league.

andrew p long

I wonder if we'll take this more seriously under Taylor. Yeovil got to the semis of the thing this year - Yeovil! If they can, we can. Also, going far didn't seem to stop Lincoln progressing in the league.
So MKDons at SJP twice in the first week of the season?

As to Lincoln their manager said that in the play off semi esp first leg they were missing key players with injuries after a very long/packed season

Colesman Ballz

So MKDons at SJP twice in the first week of the season?

As to Lincoln their manager said that in the play off semi esp first leg they were missing key players with injuries after a very long/packed season
More like Rhead knobbling them in training ! ;)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this the Johnstone paint trophy with a new sponsor?

denzel

So no real change from last season then. Another boycott from me then.

sign of the chimes

So no real change from last season then. Another boycott from me then.

Aye, still deserves a boycott whilst the Premier League development squads are admitted.