• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Efl agm

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Being held in Portugal today and tomorrow. Not sure what's on the agenda but 3g pitches is likely to be one of them.

Andy Holloway

Being held in Portugal today and tomorrow. Not sure what's on the agenda but 3g pitches is likely to be one of them.
What an obvious place to hold an English Football League AGM!

Surely they could all have travelled to say Hartlepool or Sunderland or a 101 other equally, and to be honest, more suitable places in ENGLAND for a FOOTBALL governing body AGM!

And they wonder why people dislike them and don't trust them to make good decisions!

What is so special about Portugal that, however many EFL Club Management representatives, need to go there and not support Tourism and Business in UK and particularly ENGLAND?

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Conferences there are cheap, far cheaper than holding one in England.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
This. Taggy told us that the deal the EFL have is cheaper than any UK alternative, even with travel costs.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I also think they look at a draft of the fixtures list.

Match day Programmes will also be discussed. Not sure if the tightening of the rules around FPP is on the table though.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
This. Taggy told us that the deal the EFL have is cheaper than any UK alternative, even with travel costs.
and Portugal has nicer beaches and guaranteed good weather at this time of year!

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
As a conference organiser, I can assure you that you could easily do a meeting in the UK for the same price as Portugal without all the attendant travel cost...

Oldsmobile-88

I was talking to a chap who arranged Conferences abroad,where I was working last year.He said exactly the same thing.

malcolms

Well, I'm afraid he's being less than honest....A DDR in Lisbon would certainly be cheaper than London, but if he is suggesting that you can't get a better deal in Newcastle, Norwich or Nuneaton then get him to give me a call.

Last edited:

GCHQ

Well, I'm afraid he's being less than honest....A DDR in Lisbon would certainly be cheaper than London, but if he is suggesting that you can't get a better deal in Newcastle, Norwich or Nuneaton then get him to give me a call.
Agreed, as common sense would dictate. Easy to see how Tis and Perryman pulled the wool over people's eyes based on the faith people have in the EFL of all organisations to not put their own interests first. Then again, revenue derived from the great Wembley con ought to be put to use somehow!