Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Calling PeteUSA!

  1. #11
    manc grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    following through
    Posts
    17,573

    Re: Calling PeteUSA!

    David James

    *taps plums*

  2. #12

    Re: Calling PeteUSA!

    Super Matty Taylor will be doing it himself as a former keeper.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Avondale (Near Phoenix) Arizona, USA.
    Posts
    16,128

    Re: Calling PeteUSA!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frustrated Grecian View Post
    Super Matty Taylor will be doing it himself as a former keeper.
    My thoughts exactly. He's probably a better goalkeeping coach than Gwinnett, since his original position was GK. At 36, I would have thought he's more than capable of playing in goal if needed. I dont see any need for Pym to require a full time GK coach anymore.

  4. #14
    Red Monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Exmouth
    Posts
    3,399

    Re: Calling PeteUSA!

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    My thoughts exactly. He's probably a better goalkeeping coach than Gwinnett, since his original position was GK. At 36, I would have thought he's more than capable of playing in goal if needed. I dont see any need for Pym to require a full time GK coach anymore.
    You don’t half write some crap Matt Taylor is a better goalkeeping coach than Gwinnett,how hell do you work that out?
    Did you ever see Mel Gwinnett play for us ?

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Village of the damned
    Posts
    737

    Re: Calling PeteUSA!

    Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Seems we have a vacancy for a goalkeeping coach:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44355797

    Surely there's only one man for this job! ;-)
    Got to be Kevin Miller.

  6. #16
    StroudGrecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I am the civilisation worth fighting for
    Posts
    12,008

    Re: Calling PeteUSA!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Holloway View Post
    MG was a WBA fan through and through, his personalised number plate was even ** $$$ WBA! He once said to me that if he ever left ECFC he would return to the Brum area, so not really surprising that he's also gone, he can now travel daily from Brum to MK, not as scenic as Willand to C&F though!
    Wouldn't really describe MK as being 'the Brum area' - quite a drive from there to the Hawthorns through traffic.

  7. #17
    Snakebite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Japan but normally Bedfordshire
    Posts
    5,837

    Re: Calling PeteUSA!

    Yeah I work just t’other side of the M1 from MK and commuting there daily from Brum is not something anyone in their right mind should fancy doing. The M1 and M40 heading south are chaos in the mornings and the same heading north in the evenings with the masses flowing too and from London.

    Plenty of places in between the two though that could satisfy his needs to be close to the two of them.

  8. #18

    Re: Calling PeteUSA!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    You don’t half write some crap Matt Taylor is a better goalkeeping coach than Gwinnett,how hell do you work that out?
    Did you ever see Mel Gwinnett play for us ?
    He may be a decent coach, but he wasn't a very good keeper as I recall...

  9. #19

    Re: Calling PeteUSA!

    Quote Originally Posted by StroudGrecian View Post
    Wouldn't really describe MK as being 'the Brum area' - quite a drive from there to the Hawthorns through traffic.
    'BRUM' is not confined to just The Hawthorns area, as i remember from driving around Brum several times to get from M5 to M1, it covers a 'rather large area'! I'm not saying he lives, or plans to, in the shadows of The Hawthorns, in fact at present he lives in Willand, just that he said that, 'When he left ECFC he would be moving back up to Brum.'

    He 'could' for the sake of argument, live in Hampton in Arden and commute to MK daily, in about an hour 15/20 which, seeing as most teams training starts at 1000, is not a great hardship! But, as i say, i don't know where he wants to live or for that matter where MK have their training ground so no idea how far he will have to travel, and to be honest i don't care either. I was just adding a few 'facts' to an thread.

  10. #20

    Re: Calling PeteUSA!

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    He may be a decent coach, but he wasn't a very good keeper as I recall...
    Alex Ferguson wasn't a 'very good' player as i seem to recall, but still made a 'reasonable' Coach/Manager though!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •