• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Calling PeteUSA!

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
David James

*taps plums*

Super Matty Taylor will be doing it himself as a former keeper.

PeteUSA

Super Matty Taylor will be doing it himself as a former keeper.
My thoughts exactly. He's probably a better goalkeeping coach than Gwinnett, since his original position was GK. At 36, I would have thought he's more than capable of playing in goal if needed. I dont see any need for Pym to require a full time GK coach anymore.

Red Monster

My thoughts exactly. He's probably a better goalkeeping coach than Gwinnett, since his original position was GK. At 36, I would have thought he's more than capable of playing in goal if needed. I dont see any need for Pym to require a full time GK coach anymore.
You don’t half write some crap Matt Taylor is a better goalkeeping coach than Gwinnett,how hell do you work that out?
Did you ever see Mel Gwinnett play for us ?

chunkymorrinmunter

Seems we have a vacancy for a goalkeeping coach:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44355797

Surely there's only one man for this job! ;-)
Got to be Kevin Miller.

StroudGrecian

MG was a WBA fan through and through, his personalised number plate was even ** $$$ WBA! He once said to me that if he ever left ECFC he would return to the Brum area, so not really surprising that he's also gone, he can now travel daily from Brum to MK, not as scenic as Willand to C&F though!
Wouldn't really describe MK as being 'the Brum area' - quite a drive from there to the Hawthorns through traffic.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah I work just t’other side of the M1 from MK and commuting there daily from Brum is not something anyone in their right mind should fancy doing. The M1 and M40 heading south are chaos in the mornings and the same heading north in the evenings with the masses flowing too and from London.

Plenty of places in between the two though that could satisfy his needs to be close to the two of them.

malcolms

You don’t half write some crap Matt Taylor is a better goalkeeping coach than Gwinnett,how hell do you work that out?
Did you ever see Mel Gwinnett play for us ?
He may be a decent coach, but he wasn't a very good keeper as I recall...

Andy Holloway

Wouldn't really describe MK as being 'the Brum area' - quite a drive from there to the Hawthorns through traffic.
'BRUM' is not confined to just The Hawthorns area, as i remember from driving around Brum several times to get from M5 to M1, it covers a 'rather large area'! I'm not saying he lives, or plans to, in the shadows of The Hawthorns, in fact at present he lives in Willand, just that he said that, 'When he left ECFC he would be moving back up to Brum.'

He 'could' for the sake of argument, live in Hampton in Arden and commute to MK daily, in about an hour 15/20 which, seeing as most teams training starts at 1000, is not a great hardship! But, as i say, i don't know where he wants to live or for that matter where MK have their training ground so no idea how far he will have to travel, and to be honest i don't care either. I was just adding a few 'facts' to an thread.

Andy Holloway

He may be a decent coach, but he wasn't a very good keeper as I recall...
Alex Ferguson wasn't a 'very good' player as i seem to recall, but still made a 'reasonable' Coach/Manager though!