• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor’s first season

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
What will constitute a successful season for the club in 18/19 with a rookie manager at the helm ?

Whatever anyone thinks of Paul Tisdale,last season a 4th place finish & 80 points is very successful in the context of Exeter City’s history.

Play offs,autos,or just a season regrouping & surviving ?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we have to be realistic. If we can mount a play off challenge I'll be very happy. Personally I think will be mid table next year. we are entering the unknown and i'm looking forward to it. A good start, which like last year is likely with a similar squad and the continuity that brings, could see attendances rocket at SJP what with the new stands and everything else.

LOG

I don't think i'd be *happy* as such with a mid or lower part of the table finish but i'd rather that he's given the time to find his feet and make his own impression on the squad and our style of play before i start to jump up and down. Not that i really ever jump up and down anyway.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
What will constitute a successful season for the club in 18/19 with a rookie manager at the helm ?

Whatever anyone thinks of Paul Tisdale,last season a 4th place finish & 80 points is very successful in the context of Exeter City’s history.

Play offs,autos,or just a season regrouping & surviving ?
I'd go for: starting a new cycle, building the club from top to bottom, building credibility, and creating a constant environment.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Entertaining football and a top half finish is all I ask.

Banksy

Plus six points against MKD's please.

manc grecian

Challenge for playoffs would be nice but a more attacking approach and a more positive atmosphere.

Terryhall

Is what I was going to say.

I will be alone in this I am sure but league position is secondary for me at the moment. I just want to enjoy supporting ECFC again and that can be done even with losing matches.

Success would be promotion, simple as that. However good football, exciting signings, positive atmosphere around the club and no bull interviews will make me a happy man.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Top half would be great - Matt needs to find his feet but a more attacking approach is a plus - as others have said to be entertained and to enjoy the new era would do me