• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pace of change quickens

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very professional description of duties, well laid out, lets hope we can find a number of quality candidates able to complete that demanding list
What's so useful about this approach is that it clearly defines the criteria against which the postholder can be judged not only at appointment but, more importantly, while they'e in post. This is exactly what appeared to be lacking during the years of Tisdale's extended demise - an articulation of what "doing the job well" looked like and, crucially, a board willing and able to assess his performance against this.

The pace of change is quickening beautifully!

manc grecian

Hmmm a player/strength and conditioning coach? Interesting. I do note that they would like (desireable) someone with a MSc which surely would cost, unless combined with another role ........?
Plenty of loose change knocking around in the staff budget now.

andrew p long

What's so useful about this approach is that it clearly defines the criteria against which the postholder can be judged not only at appointment but, more importantly, while they'e in post. This is exactly what appeared to be lacking during the years of Tisdale's extended demise - an articulation of what "doing the job well" looked like and, crucially, a board willing and able to assess his performance against this.
The job spec for U23 coach consists of a list of things to do, but without any success measures. So there are no success criteria; the job holder could say I have prepared all these plans,ticked all these boxes, but it is not in my job spec to win any games or have any youngsters break through to the first team

iscalad

The job spec for U23 coach consists of a list of things to do, but without any success measures. So there are no success criteria; the job holder could say I have prepared all these plans,ticked all these boxes, but it is not in my job spec to win any games or have any youngsters break through to the first team
Well, it does say this

"Produce a team with a philosophy & style that fits the current First Team approach in preparation for the step into First Team football."

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any news on anything yet - shortlist, interviews, appointments, assistant manager, signings?

God I hate close season!

andrew p long

It seems that all we have had is people leaving, Gwinnett,storey,JMT

And no one arriving so far...

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
You wouldn't usually put those success measures into a job advert though, would you.

Temporarily Exiled

It seems that all we have had is people leaving, Gwinnett,storey,JMT

And no one arriving so far...
Are the players even back in training yet?

Red Devon

Are the players even back in training yet?
July 2nd..

Temporarily Exiled

July 2nd..
Then there's absolutely zero benefit in rushing signings right now. Spend more time to make sure we get the right players, not just 'whoever's available'.