• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor's first press conference

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will be later today. No live stream, but the Club will be uploading a video later.

I wonder if he'll announce his assistant?

This time last week we were off to Wembley. A week in football is a long time.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not as long as a week in Skegness.

andrew p long

A press conference is a bit of a baptism of fire , what with so many issues to sort out quickly but obviously which he hasn’t had time to sort.

The first is the coaching staff; who is staying - anyone going? Two vacancies already to fill, DoF in place of Perryman and U23 coach in place of Matt Taylor himself. And what is Matt Oakley’s position? Waiting to see if Tis might want him at MK Dons?

And then there is the players...

He’s going to have to bat away lots of questions.

Slogger

I have been working away for 3 month so have missed all the finale, my brother was speaking to one of the older players parents last night who said the players were glad to see the back of Tisdale and his nonsense, apparently very few player has much respect or time for him as he constantly lied to there faces and treated them like dumb fools, a few player were treated particularly shabberly to the point of tourment and the other players were discusted by this, I'm not surprised to be honest it probably goes on in most clubs, my point is when we get the press conference with all the " I'm going to do things better" crap less all remember that we will never as mere supporter know what goes on behind the managements facade.

Last edited:

Banksy

Will we need a D o F?Honest question.

Number13

Will we need a D o F?Honest question.
Maybe yes, for a first time manager. I am perfectly happy with MT as manager but would have liked Perryman to have still been in situ to help guide him through his first season

So, yes, if MT thinks it will help and we can find the right DoF, it can have its place

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe that Perryman supported Tisdale a lot in the early stages. At the end of the day it will be about contacts, and who MT knows, so an experienced assistant and DOF would add to this knowledge base. So I would say yeah

David Treharne

I think one of the interesting points to ponder on with regard to this interview is 1.) How banal will the questions asked by 'Devon Live' be? 2.) Will the subsequent article bear any relationship to what actually happens? 3.) Will the reaction of Devon Live/Express and Echo be more or less sycophantic than with the previous manager 4.)Will they be asking any questions that might be of interest to Exeter City Supporters? Can't say I'm waiting with bated breath.

Temporarily Exiled

I'd support getting a DoF in, but only if we can get the right person for the job. Having someone in that role allows for long-term planning – a good DoF adds value to the club, rather than just taking a salary.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have been working away for 3 month so have missed all the finale, my brother was speaking to one of the older players parents last night who said the players were glad to see the back of Tisdale and his nonsense, apparently very few player has much respect or time for him as he constantly lied to there faces and treated them like dumb fools, a few player were treated particularly shabberly to the point of tourment and the other players were discusted by this, I'm not surprised to be honest it probably goes on in most clubs, my point is when we get the press conference with all the " I'm going to do things better" crap less all remember that we will never as mere supporter know what goes on behind the managements facade.
Good stuff slogger. If true it's pretty much the opposite of what we've been lead to believe. Anyway good luck Taylor, hope it goes well.