• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Away terrace naming

Temporarily Exiled

Seeing as we have no matches ahead of us any time soon, now seems a solid time to post this topic.

As far as I'm aware, the away terrace has never had a title sponsor (unlike the Thatchers Big Bank, the IP Office stand or the Stagecoach stand), probably in-part to it not really being a stand at all. Does anybody have any insight into whether the club is actively pursuing sponsors for the new stand - and if they aren't (or if they can't secure one for half a season), what would you want the stand to be named?

My personal preference, as stated in other threads, is to essentially donate the first season's title sponsorship to the Adam Stansfield Foundation. The upcoming season is the final season that the number 9 will be retired for, so it would be a good way to remember Stanno, while bringing attention to the work of the charity. That said, I do think that we should do our best to get a paid sponsor afterwards - even if these relatively good times, we need as many revenue streams as possible.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm up for any name for it, any at all except the Barnet stand as it's referred to now.

Like the Stanno idea though.

jimbo-gould

It'll go to the highest bidder. No debate needed.

Matt Russell

It'll go to the highest bidder. No debate needed.
If it goes, it'll only go to the highest appropriate bidder.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Paul Tisdale Stand, and have him back to officially open it.

Red Devon

Put a big screen scoreboard on it somewhere, surely that would create a prime advertising spot then £££

Spoonz Red E

As it came flat packed and they have a new store we should give IKEA the chance to sponsor it.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
As it came flat packed and they have a new store we should give IKEA the chance to sponsor it.
A future sponsor of our shirts perhaps. Although a blue and yellow sponsor would be much better suited to Torquay. (puke)

Andy Holloway

How about 'The AWAY end?'

denzel

Endy McEndface