• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we the most powerful fans in football?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Interesting headline on this BBC report https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44331219

Good to see governance being mentioned. From an Exeweb perspective "responsible" might have been better than "powerful".

DanceMagnet

Richest club and most powerful fans, marvellous combination.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good to see the club's perspective has finally been given some prominence in the national press. Pity that in the "Comments" section someone had to spoil it a bit by saying Tis' salary was 300k per annum, which distracts the reader from the verity of the article. Why do people have to do things like that?

PeteUSA

Is that accurate? I didnt know he was on 300k per annum! Some of the club board should be ashamed of allowing farcical remuneration like that! Theres no way he'd get that kind of money at MK Dons!

IndoMike

Is that accurate? I didnt know he was on 300k per annum! Some of the club board should be ashamed of allowing farcical remuneration like that! Theres no way he'd get that kind of money at MK Dons!
Of course it's not true Pete. Please don't stir the hornets nest.

Fareham Grecian

And so another straightforward lie becomes part of Pete’s list of ‘facts’.

LDNGrecian

Pretty sure it’s closer to 500k. It’s true because I said it.

Antony Moxey

I heard he was on £10k per match rising to £15k for a draw and £25k for a win with a £500k promotion bonus and guaranteed 5% annual increase or 10% if we gain promotion. Matt Taylor will be on 25% of this until he’s reached the play-offs for the first time.

iscalad

You know very well he was on £135,000. You told us that 100s of times.

grecIAN Harris

Interesting headline on this BBC report https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44331219

Good to see governance being mentioned. From an Exeweb perspective "responsible" might have been better than "powerful".
Having read far too many comments of a similar ilk, I would say most graceless at the moment in general. As owners, stagnant is probably to high a praise. The club has moved on light years since the dark days of Russell and Lewis yet The Trust are still clinging on to it's £2.50 a month minimum for subs. I saw a question a little while back of 'Is The Trust good for Tis or is Tis good for The Trust?'. It is becoming more and more apparent that The Trust was riding on the coat tails of Tis's successes. You'd better hope Matt Taylor can be just as good.