Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New signings: what do we need?

Re: New signings: what do we need?

Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post
    Will be interesting to see what future Harley has post Tisdale, obviously Taylor knows him well and has seen what he is capable of, if he is going to have a future at ECFC he needs to play centrally, he's largely been wasted by Tisdale in recent times.
    I watched the ‘First, Best, Worst’ interview with Taylor last night where he was asked the best player he’s played with and he said Harley was easily the best player he’s played with at City so he obviously rates him highly.

It depends on who we release effectively but I would suggest we need two wingers to supply Stockley with, a striker who can make up a decent partnership with Stockley (I still reckon Tommy Nichs is the best man for that job) and a right back to push Sweeney along.

Lee Holmes should be back and firing on all cylinders for pre-season now he has had his ankle operation perhaps he won't be so injury prone, great crosser of the ball and scores goals.

Didn't Watkins and Stockley score loads playing together? Obviously not Watkins, but an attacking midfielder who drifts around behind Stockley would be my preffered choice rather than an out and out striker. Saying that, I'd still like to see him tried with a poacher type.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Having a manager driving down the M5 from Chippenham (sometimes in peak traffic) to take charge of things got my goat. Hopefully the new man lives local, or will do if he doesnt. The same applies to players; they weren't allowed to live away from the city in bygone times. Its open to abuse no matter what anyone says.
    Even Exminster is too far, he should live in a caravan at C&F!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    I think Pym more than showed he's our automatic first choice GK, I'm assuming he doesnt want away. He will no doubt have been watched, and while he was easily our Player of the Season, I dont know if any big clubs will come a running though. Another season with us would benefit all concerned IMHO, although I suspect Jonah will want away.
    Jonah's not our player. He is on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Lee Holmes should be back and firing on all cylinders for pre-season now he has had his ankle operation perhaps he won't be so injury prone, great crosser of the ball and scores goals.
    I like Lee Holmes , as I do Macalinden, when they are fit and on form but I doubt that they give value for money. Tough decisions to be made with these two if their contracts are up.

On his day Holmes is a quality performer however how many of those days has he had in the last two seasons ?? Too injury prone, probably time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post
    On his day Holmes is a quality performer however how many of those days has he had in the last two seasons ?? Too injury prone, probably time to move on.
    The first injury wasn't far short of 'assault' by the Cardiff player in the PSF.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Holloway View Post
    The first injury wasn't far short of 'assault' by the Cardiff player in the PSF.
    True remember it well mostly Cardiff youth supposedly trying to impress Warnock but what a team of cloggers.