• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who next??

argylefan

Hi guys,

Argyle fan in peace here, Is this what you wanted? Or is this bad news for ECFC

Who do you want as your next manager?

Currently next manager odds Grant McCann at 4/1, Mark Warburton 6/1, John Sheridan at 6/1

Any of those take your fancy? or Someone else?

Sam

Red Bill

Hi guys,

Argyle fan in peace here, Is this what you wanted? Or is this bad news for ECFC

Who do you want as your next manager?

Currently next manager odds Grant McCann at 4/1, Mark Warburton 6/1, John Sheridan at 6/1

Any of those take your fancy? or Someone else?

Sam
You'll get a pretty even split on this I reckon. I'm glad he's gone but others will be gutted.

Although my heart would like to see Steve Tully given a go, he did well with our ladies team when he was still with us and did well as Truro's manager after he left, I think we need a fresh start and someone unrelated to the club with a bit of experience of league management.

Well done for being brave enough to come on here, you could e in for a bumpy ride!!!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tully shouldn't be anywhere near the job.

Red Bill

Tully shouldn't be anywhere near the job.
Because he's linked to Tisdale or because he's not up to it?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not up to it imho.

Terryhall

We offered him what has been described as a new and improved contract - he decided not to sign it. That happens in football. I'd rather live with the risk of that happening than an unaffordable rolling contract, so from that perspective I'd have preferred him to sign our offered deal and stay, but I still think the decision was the right one.

When Eamonn Dolan left us, we recruited well and appointed Inglethorpe. When Inglethorpe left us, we recruited well and appointed Tisdale. Just because he's been here 12 years doesn't mean we won't be able to recruit well this time too - we're an attractive club and no doubt we'll get plenty of good candidates.

Red Bill

Not up to it imho.
It would certainly be a risk. He did extremely well at Truro though.

But as I said, heart says Tully, head says FL experience

argylefan

Interesting, so already we have a split opinion. Interestingly I spoke to Julian this morning about it and he was very expectant that Tis would stay. At the moment there is no one planned to be brought in as of yet.

argylefan

I've just checked the odds and John Sheridan has been shortened... Good luck with him

IBA

We offered him what has been described as a new and improved contract - he decided not to sign it. That happens in football. I'd rather live with the risk of that happening than an unaffordable rolling contract, so from that perspective I'd have preferred him to sign our offered deal and stay, but I still think the decision was the right one.

When Eamonn Dolan left us, we recruited well and appointed Inglethorpe. When Inglethorpe left us, we recruited well and appointed Tisdale. Just because he's been here 12 years doesn't mean we won't be able to recruit well this time too - we're an attractive club and no doubt we'll get plenty of good candidates.
Re recruitment I think that the standard of recruitment improved immensely when Perryman was involved - prior to this with the odd exception it was awful ...