• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thanks PT, who next then....

Intheknow84

Ok who is it going to be who do we want...

Intheknow84

Darren Ferguson, Ian Holloway, Matt taylor, Matt Oakley, Keith Curle, Mark Wharburton?

Last edited:

Dubai Grecian

The fallout of his leaving could see us looking for coaches and an assistant manager. Add this to director of football and team manager and the Trust board has its biggest ever challenge to address, time to stand up and be counted.

Ian Tarr

Don't discount Danny Butterfield.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't discount Danny Butterfield.
I'd rather have no manager.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Taggy is not stupid. I'm sure he has an idea of who the club should bring in.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Grant McCann.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
You know what, I almost hope the new appointment is someone we haven’t heard off / someone straight out of the left field – certainly, I’d be disappointed if it was someone such as Steve Cotterill or Ian Holloway and that, I guess, is a measure of how far we have come over the past 12 years.

Someone suggested Joe Gallen yesterday and, it seems to me, he should be just the kind of person we’re looking for: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/joe-gallen-157b1412b

Failing that, Wayne Carlisle is involved in the club’s youth set-up, has managerial experience at Truro, and, especially if he brought Steve Tully with him, you could easily see the feelgood factor that’s been missing over recent years returning to the club. At the same time, if we were to go for someone with relatively little experience I’d like to see them working under a director of football – someone such as Brian McDermott would tick all the boxes for me.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Someone from Southampton, so Matt Hale, Danny Butterfield or the legend that is Rob Edwards.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Grant McCann.
Early favourite with the bookies, which is interesting as he’s not really been mentioned so far. Young manager who did ok at Peterborough. I’d be happy with him.