• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale

You’ve ****ed up, right good and proper here.

What sort of Exeter City fan thinks that two promotions, four play-off finals (two in the last two years), highest ever league position and millions made in the transfer market isn’t good enough?

In the days of Ivor Doble and Steve Flack, that is a decade and a bit that you could only dream of.

Had Tisdale left in 2016 and a new manager come in and then got you to two play-off finals, you’d be thinking the new man was amazing.

I’m sure that next season when you are languishing in mid-table or lower, the anti-Tisdale will be trying to paint it as better or even blame Tisdale for it but Exeter fans just didn’t know how good they had it. I think in a few years time fans of Exeter will regret this day.

Can I recommend Gary Owers?

Yawn. Concentrate on your own club. You have no idea.

Oh believe me, I do.

We had a decent manager in Martin Ling, who didn’t achieve anywhere near what Tisdale has, and since he left it has all been downhill. Don’t assume appointing a new manager will improve things. We are the proof of that.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm excited about our future. The Club has stability, an ethos of bringing forward young players and being part of the community. The owners remain the same, so no one will change that ethos.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He's welcome to be on here.

Terryhall

You’ve ****ed up, right good and proper here.

What sort of Exeter City fan thinks that two promotions, four play-off finals (two in the last two years), highest ever league position and millions made in the transfer market isn’t good enough?

In the days of Ivor Doble and Steve Flack, that is a decade and a bit that you could only dream of.

Had Tisdale left in 2016 and a new manager come in and then got you to two play-off finals, you’d be thinking the new man was amazing.

I’m sure that next season when you are languishing in mid-table or lower, the anti-Tisdale will be trying to paint it as better or even blame Tisdale for it but Exeter fans just didn’t know how good they had it. I think in a few years time fans of Exeter will regret this day.

Can I recommend Gary Owers?
We've ****ed up by offering him a new and improved contract that he refused to sign? Yeah, could be worse, we could have sold our club to a lottery millionaire, ****ed all their cash up the wall, and then shut our youth academy and sent all our future prospects to a team up the road.

He's welcome to be on here.
And I'm welcome to respond to his post. What's your point?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
And I'm welcome to respond to his post. What's your point?
The point being, that I read it as you saying he's not welcome on here or that he shouldn't be commenting on Exeter.

Oh believe me, I do.

We had a decent manager in Martin Ling, who didn’t achieve anywhere near what Tisdale has, and since he left it has all been downhill. Don’t assume appointing a new manager will improve things. We are the proof of that.
There is more to it than just football reasons, This is what I mean by you not understanding. I highly doubt (although I don't claim to know) that Torquay are where they are solely because they got rid of Ling.

Torquay are where they are because the club listened to fans and went with a populist appointment of Alan Knill. That was the start of our decline followed by Hargreaves and Nicholson. In 2012 we had the best side and probably finances of any of the Devon clubs. Poor managerial appointments and fans thinking being 8 points from the play offs in League 2 at the time of Ling’s illness demonstrated what can go wrong. We lost our league status because of poor managerial appointments. With that came the loss of funding - some £500,000 + a year hence cost-cutting measures like shutting down the youth system and starting a viscous circular that sees us at our lowest level for a century and in the hands of a Property developer. What I would give for TUFC to be in the position of ECFC with Tisdale as manager.

Just who do Exeter fans think they are going to get? Some merry-go-round manager? A Ronnie Moore or Graham Westley who’ll squander it all in a day?

I’d be very worried if I was an Exeter fan.