• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

In Praise Of The Club`s Owners.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
As a mere punter and city fan for most of my fifty odd years, it seems appropriate in the current climate to bung a bit of praise in the direction of the owners, namely The Trust.
The way the Trust has quietly handled matters in the face of some quite negative press has been exemplary, the fact that some of that press has emanated from employees of the club has made the Trusts quiet dignity all the more remarkable.
We are in good hands.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
As a mere punter and city fan for most of my fifty odd years, it seems appropriate in the current climate to bung a bit of praise in the direction of the owners, namely The Trust.
The way the Trust has quietly handled matters in the face of some quite negative press has been exemplary, the fact that some of that press has emanated from employees of the club has made the Trusts quiet dignity all the more remarkable.
We are in good hands.
Absolutely agree.

dontpassback

Absolutely agree.
Also agree,all this contract debate could have been slugged out in the press,but the trust have kept their thoughts in house and we haven’t seen any whining and moaning in the press from them !!

Pete Martin (CTID)

We are in good hands.
Just a gentle reminder that it is you guys and gals who are the clubs' owners.

You elect the Trust Board and we try to represent your interests as best we can.

Your comments are appreciated!

muppetdodger

You elect the Trust Board and we try to represent your interests as best we can.

Doing a great job. Pity the management don't have the respect/engagement that the trust has. Bit like when I was getting divorced a load of c**p was flying around (some true some not) and the best advice my late father gave me was 'Son, keep your head down and keep quiet; you will come out better off that way' And he was 100% correct.

ExeterCityLad

I do think it would be appropriate for them to correct some of the misinformation being thrown about by journalists, though. In regards to the rolling contract. It's getting us quite a bit of bad media coverage and Tisdale is hardly correcting it himself in his numerous interviews.

Matt Russell

A couple of points from one who is far more supportive of The Trust than critical.
Firstly, "us guys and gals" are not the Club's owners unless we are members of the Trust. That is not all on exeweb. There was a good time to try and renegotiate Paul Tisdale's contract with the aim of turning it into a fixed term one and there was a bad time. The good time would have been quietly over the summer months when there were no other pressures on either party. Unfortunately this didn't happen and the worst time was chosen instead. To have conflated what might have been a fairly gentle discussion with a truly bad run of home results was the very worst moment for this to happen and the Trust Board should have been aware of this and the likely outcome.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do think it would be appropriate for them to correct some of the misinformation being thrown about by journalists, though. In regards to the rolling contract. It's getting us quite a bit of bad media coverage and Tisdale is hardly correcting it himself in his numerous interviews.
Agree wholeheartedly. I’m passionate about Trust ownership and think the Trust board is doing a decent-ish job, but I can’t comprehend why they wouldn’t want to do this. There’s no need to get embroiled in a public spat, you just give the journos who have been encouraged to perpetuate the myth that the Trust wanted Tis out a call and set them straight.

Alistair20000

Agree wholeheartedly. I’m passionate about Trust ownership and think the Trust board is doing a decent-ish job, but I can’t comprehend why they wouldn’t want to do this. There’s no need to get embroiled in a public spat, you just give the journos who have been encouraged to perpetuate the myth that the Trust wanted Tis out a call and set them straight.
Yes a simple statement on the Trust website to which lazy journalists could be referred would have been appropriate. Could still be done.

grecIAN Harris

Personally I feel totally the opposite. When are The Trust going to wake up and realise they are running a business that needs investment if it is to make the next step? When are they going to realise that they are not running a village fete and produce the sort of funds that are going to need to invest properly in this business? What are they going to do now they haven't got three men bank rolling the running costs by doing a very good job in setting up, running and raising the crops that come from the academy? How do they plan to backfill that gap if the next manager doesn't turn out to be as good as the current manager? If you're going to run a business it's going to need investment, especially one in a sporting arena. You, The Trust, are the majority owners. That investment is on you. When are you going to step and take responsibility for getting that investment in properly? You did a good job when the original crisis was on after Russell and Lewis but after the first couple of years you have slowly stagnated and have become reliant on the successes of selling players for money that most of us would never have dreamt of not very long. Wake yourselves up because if you get the next appointment wrong and he can't match the current management teams success in the transfer market, we could see our club disappearing into a financial oblivion.