Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list / squad for 2017/2018

Re: Retained list / squad for 2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by edwin_price View Post
    It's up to the players to earn a place in the first XI. Thought Wilson looked great, marred by 2 reds... but Sweeney was decent competition. Maybe could feel unlucky not to get more game time, but he had a decent runout. Edwards looks like he'll be a player in 2-3 years. Did well in patches, but don't think he can feel aggrieved.
    14 starts for Wilson isn't that decent but tbh whether they deserved it or not isn't much of an issue for me personally (I'm not sure they would have been the answer to all the problems yesterday or that they deserved a great deal more game-time on the whole either).

...But my main points were they won't be featuring much for West Brom and in term of the bigger picture I'm concerned it could have a negative impact on prospective loanees. That might be less relevant if Tisdale leaves but in all honesty I fully expect him to stay. His position at City is beyond comfortable and given his character which comes across as cautious bordering on insecure (given the relentless snide remarks about the fans). I really can't see him leaving that security.

Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    I have a nagging feeling that James might be as well.
    That would have meant he was given a three year deal on the back of Leyton Orient's relegation or it was renewed after just one year. Neither would surprise me completely (and both would have been really poor decisions). Just like a renewal this summer would be. Which is actually what I think is most likely needed and will happen.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Personally would keep

Pym (think he will move on)
    Boateng
    Brown
    JMT (think the same as Pym)
    Moxey
    Stockley
    Sweeney

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    Personally would keep

Pym (think he will move on)
    Boateng
    Brown
    JMT (think the same as Pym)
    Moxey
    Stockley
    Sweeney
    Have you not seen Jordan Storey play then?

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

fair Point

Players out of contract include: Hamon; Woodman: TAH; Seaborne; James; Harley; Byrne; Simpson; Brunt; McCallindon; and the 1st year pro's.

Personally I feel the squad needs a deep cleanse and a refresh and I would release all of these guys except the young boys who I haven't seen. Bids well may come in for a number of other players under contract such as Pym and JMT both substantial fees would be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint James View Post
    Players out of contract include: Hamon; Woodman: TAH; Seaborne; James; Harley; Byrne; Simpson; Brunt; McCallindon; and the 1st year pro's.

Personally I feel the squad needs a deep cleanse and a refresh and I would release all of these guys except the young boys who I haven't seen. Bids well may come in for a number of other players under contract such as Pym and JMT both substantial fees would be needed.
    Agree but would keep Macca if Tisdale goes

Just waiting for the news that David Noble has signed for us again.

I would think given we narrowly missed out on automatic promotion that not too many changes need to be made. Three obvious binnages spring to mind: James, Hamon and Seaborne then after that it’ll be personal preferences but I don’t think we need to be too drastic with the ins and outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint James View Post

I'd only offer a deal to TAH on pay as you play. I'd give Harley a new deal. Release the others bar the 1st year pros.

GK -
    Pym - keep
    Jones - bin
    Hamon - bin

DF -
    Sweeney - keep
    Woodman - bin
    TAH - keep
    JMT - keep
    Seaborne - bin
    Moxey - keep
    Croll - keep