• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Contract negotiations

squiz

Transcript of negotiations for new manager;
JT we like your cv & think you could be our man do you have any questions.
New manager (NM) well what is the salary?
JT, well Exeweb thought we were paying our last manager to much so should 75% of his salary, you must understand wears a fan owne club. But there are bonuses 25 % for promotion & another 25% if Exeweb likes you!
NM, that’s not to encouraging, I was looking at £200k per year, what about relocation expenses.
JT, we’ll pay for a van & you can get the players to help.
NM errr, Player budget?
JT, yes we have one.
NM, no how much will I have?
JT, not sure have to put it to Exeweb & see they think, get back to you next week.
NM, can I ask transfer budget or do you have to ask Exeweb.
JT, No I know that one nothing we only do free transfers or free agents, why what were you thinking?
NM, £100k minimum + £50k on the wage bill.
JT, ahhh I’ll have to ask Exeweb.
NM, plus 20% of all transfer profits back dated to 2017.
JT (now very red faced & sweaty) ok is that it I must be going Drs Appt Dan you see yourself out.

JT on phone hello Paul now about you leaving

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shirley the first question is: "Are you a Proper Chap ?"

squiz

Sorry about some of the spelling.

Terryhall

Transcript of negotiations for new manager;
JT, well Exeweb thought we were paying our last manager to much so should 75% of his salary, you must understand wears a fan owne club. But there are bonuses 25 % for promotion & another 25% if Exeweb likes you!
NM, that’s not to encouraging, I was looking at £200k per year, what about relocation expenses.
JT, we’ll pay for a van & you can get the players to help.
NM errr, Player budget?
JT, yes we have one.
NM, no how much will I have?
JT, not sure have to put it to Exeweb & see they think, get back to you next week.
NM, can I ask transfer budget or do you have to ask Exeweb.
JT, No I know that one nothing we only do free transfers or free agents, why what were you thinking?
NM, £100k minimum + £50k on the wage bill.
JT, ahhh I’ll have to ask Exeweb.
NM, plus 20% of all transfer profits back dated to 2017.
JT (now very red faced & sweaty) ok is that it I must be going Drs Appt Dan you see yourself out.

JT on phone hello Paul now about you leaving
Alternative view

JT here's the deal we offered our previous manager which he decided not to sign as he thought he could do better somewhere else
NM looks good to me, where do I sign?

IndoMike

Alternative view

JT here's the deal we offered our previous manager which he decided not to sign as he thought he could do better somewhere else
NM looks good to me, where do I sign?

Or..

NMC : Can I have a 2-year rolling contract?
JT: No, we can't afford it.
NMC: Never mind. I love this club so I'll sign anyway

squiz

The point is what ever deal the club puts together will have to be well put together, attractive in both personal terms & in allowing the manager to do his job.
It must also be fully costed & affordable over the duration of the contract as well as leaving the club financially sound at its conclusion.
The cost of terminating the contract must also be costed including relegation penalties etc.

Terryhall

The point is what ever deal the club puts together will have to be well put together, attractive in both personal terms & in allowing the manager to do his job.
It must also be fully costed & affordable over the duration of the contract as well as leaving the club financially sound at its conclusion.
The cost of terminating the contract must also be costed including relegation penalties etc.
I completely agree. You have just neatly set out some of the key reasons that the Trust membership voted to serve notice on the 2 year rolling contract that met none of these conditions.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How about?

JT: We like the look of your CV, we think we could work together. Any questions?
NM: How long will the contract be and what will be the salary
JT: A one year contract, which will be extended if you achieve promotion.
NM: So just the one season to build a team and get them to League 1?
JT: Yes. The salary will be £80k. Bonus of £50k for getting us promoted, £20k for getting us to the 3rd round of the League Cup and the FA Cup, plus a further £10k for each round progressed to after that. £10k for progressing pass the group stages of the Football Trophy, then £5k for each round and if we win at Wembley a further £50k
NM: That's very satisfactory. How much in the player budget?
JT: It's decent for League 2, but 65% is already committed through player contracts. We'd expect that you will also use players from the Academy. Additional monies can be found if we progress in the cups, or players are sold.
NM: Excellent. When can I start?

GCHQ

How about?

JT: We like the look of your CV, we think we could work together. Any questions?
NM: How long will the contract be and what will be the salary
JT: A one year contract, which will be extended if you achieve promotion.
NM: So just the one season to build a team and get them to League 1?
JT: Yes. The salary will be £80k. Bonus of £50k for getting us promoted, £20k for getting us to the 3rd round of the League Cup and the FA Cup, plus a further £10k for each round progressed to after that. £10k for progressing pass the group stages of the Football Trophy, then £5k for each round and if we win at Wembley a further £50k
NM: That's very satisfactory. How much in the player budget?
JT: It's decent for League 2, but 65% is already committed through player contracts. We'd expect that you will also use players from the Academy. Additional monies can be found if we progress in the cups, or players are sold.
NM: Excellent. When can I start?
I'd rather have a manager who isn't incentivised to prioritise the Paint Trophy over the league.

iscalad

If you think we will get less than 40 applicants for the job, if Tis does leave, you will be in for a shock. No matter what the salary.