• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for an overhaul, players, playing style and ethos

Intheknow84

I think it is time now to take stock and evaluate where we are.
I think Tis has done a fantastic job of developing the club from where it was but the time has come for both him and the club for new challenges.

We need to appoint someone who is going to provide passion and excitement to our playing style.
We have quite a laboured approach to games which frustrates the fans.
From today I would of rather seen us play with pace tempo and excitement and give it a go rather than trying to nick a win.
This comes down to a new manager and change of philosophy within the club.

We need to look at the following:

Leadership on the pitch.... nobody leading grabbing the game with aggression purpose and dri challenging the opposition
Pace... we are too laboured in our approach we need to provide more pace escowcialy in the middle
Recruitment... we have a little funds to now use in a wise sensible manner to attract top young players to the club to complement our youth system. We also need one or two key experienced players to help through.
Release... Woodman, James, Jay, Harley, Tillson, Simpson, TAH, Hamon, Seabourne these guys are great pros but not systematic to a vibrant, attacking Lacey powerful game where we can take it to teams to galvanise our fans and excite them.
Continue to work with prem teams. The two loanees Wilson and Edwards were underused. They provided the above but the decision was to not take risks and to sit back and hope it’s 0-0 at 70 mins then bring them on.

We have the basis for us to build a strong team next year and push for winning the league.
The spine of a squad with pym Troy Brown, Storey, Boateng, Stockley, Taylor, Holmes gives us a strong starting point with a competitive budget in league two.

Let’s hope this is realised and we regroup regalvanise and enter a new period optimistic of a new way

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think you could have put this on a couple of other threads. Goodbye Tisdale, or perhaps What now for Tisdale?

The Op couldn't be more right. It is so depressing seeing a squad list of has beens - Jones, Seaborne, Troy, Moxey, Harley. None of them are what they were no matter what anyone wants to think. Add in the likes of Woodman, James and Simpson who from my limited viewing this year are not up to it.

Pace, energy and power need to be injected.

And for the love of God can we please all accept that we are no longer a passing team. The playoffs have shown this was all a myth. The one day where we should have kept possession in the heat and made them chase and lose energy we lumped it long every time.

100milesaway

Time for an overhaul?

We’ve just come 4th in the league, 2 wembley finals, more points than last year.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Time to stop signing injured players. What a waste of a wage Brunt has been

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I see it, the problem we have is that the chance to sign Stockley was too good to miss. Stockley = goals in L2. However, we haven't got the right players round him. We need pace up top alongside him.

So we've ended up with an unbalanced squad..there's a lack of options up top so we go with Stockley on his own which is far from ideal. We need to offload Simpson, Brunt and Jay, sign someone with pace who is hard-working and a poacher-type player. Plus give Sparkes a chance.

Last edited:

Topsham Boy

I agree.....some baffling signings.
Macalinden.....where is he now? Sparkes ? Brunt....on the books all season but no real game time. Loft.....what was that about? Jay.....not good enough.
Where is the pace? The width? We are so predictable. Another season in L2.....so predictable.

100milesaway

Loft seemed to play one half and vanished without trace !

He didn’t look THAT bad in that match.

Very odd.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Jones, Seaborne, Troy, Moxey, Harley Woodman, James and Simpson
TBF Harley out of that bunch is the only one who has at least tried to bring back some of his touches.

Wasn't keen on bringing back Jones , Seaborne or Moxey and wouldn't be a loss to see them go elsewhere, Woodman has always been hit or miss which most of the time seemed to be miss.

Garethecfc

I think it is time now to take stock and evaluate where we are.
I think Tis has done a fantastic job of developing the club from where it was but the time has come for both him and the club for new challenges.

We need to appoint someone who is going to provide passion and excitement to our playing style.
We have quite a laboured approach to games which frustrates the fans.
From today I would of rather seen us play with pace tempo and excitement and give it a go rather than trying to nick a win.
This comes down to a new manager and change of philosophy within the club.

We need to look at the following:

Leadership on the pitch.... nobody leading grabbing the game with aggression purpose and dri challenging the opposition
Pace... we are too laboured in our approach we need to provide more pace escowcialy in the middle
Recruitment... we have a little funds to now use in a wise sensible manner to attract top young players to the club to complement our youth system. We also need one or two key experienced players to help through.
Release... Woodman, James, Jay, Harley, Tillson, Simpson, TAH, Hamon, Seabourne these guys are great pros but not systematic to a vibrant, attacking Lacey powerful game where we can take it to teams to galvanise our fans and excite them.
Continue to work with prem teams. The two loanees Wilson and Edwards were underused. They provided the above but the decision was to not take risks and to sit back and hope it’s 0-0 at 70 mins then bring them on.

We have the basis for us to build a strong team next year and push for winning the league.
The spine of a squad with pym Troy Brown, Storey, Boateng, Stockley, Taylor, Holmes gives us a strong starting point with a competitive budget in league two.

Let’s hope this is realised and we regroup regalvanise and enter a new period optimistic of a new way
Thought tillson was one of our best players today, particularly in the first half.