• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Media on Tisdale!

norfolk_exile

I'm sure I am not the only one to realise but the media (sky, BBC etc) reporting on the Tisdale contract scenario is embarrassing!

It is purely being broadcast as we served him notice with no insight whatsoever around the circumstances of the 2 year roller!

And for the most part playing us supporters out as being stupid! Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the way we are being portrayed is very wrong and a shame on the 'journalists' involved!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lazy journalism as is customary and if you told them the facts they would take no notice.

dontpassback

You only have to read Devon live to realise that the current levels of journalism are nothing short of pathetic,and the nationals aren’t much better !

Avening Posse

Lazy journalism as is customary and if you told them the facts they would take no notice.
Not sure many outside of a 20 mile radius of Exeter are remotely interested in the sub sections below the headline and I suspect Sky and the BBC journo's are aware of this

Alistair20000

Not sure many outside of a 20 mile radius of Exeter are remotely interested in the sub sections below the headline and I suspect Sky and the BBC journo's are aware of this
You are no doubt correct that readers/listeners/viewers are not much interested in the fine detail and a criticism of "stupid fans" makes more interesting news than all the boring detail of the contractual issue.

Antony Moxey

There’s a fair number of our fans stupid enough to believe that a) he was unsackable and b) we’ve now sacked him after getting us to Wembley twice so why would we think the rest of the world wouldn’t believe the same?

Red Devon

A little bit off topic but how annoying is that SKY are promoting the match with just a photo of Mark Robins on it’s programmes very disrespectful to our club UTC!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
use of the word unsackable wasn't accurate but I think what most people meant was that he was very unlikely to ever be sacked with such a contract. For a club in the lower leagues without a rich owner having to pay up two years of a well paid manager is likely to be an absolute last resort, and very expensive that he then had a much higher level of security than one on a fixed contract.

Antony Moxey

No, I think the stupid genuinely meant he was unsackable. Of course the irony is the same stupids then went on to claim that serving notice meant he was sacked.

IndoMike

No, I think the stupid genuinely meant he was unsackable. Of course the irony is the same stupids then went on to claim that serving notice meant he was sacked.
If a person was particularly cynical, they might think that people genuinely thought that. However, I have seen no evidence to support your claim and agree with richard _ portland when he says that people thought that financially it would be very difficult for City to fire Tisdale with immediate effect if that meant owing Tisdale 2 years' salary. Having said that, with the monies deposited in City's bank account from various transfers, I imagine it would not be quite so difficult to do that now.