• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Paul Tisdsle leaves

100milesaway

I hope he stays but in the event of Tisdale leaving after his excellent work, who would you like to replace him?

My vote would be Steve Cotterill. He’s a magnificent manager in the lower 2 divisions.

Red Monster

I hope he stays but in the event of Tisdale leaving after his excellent work, who would you like to replace him?

My vote would be Steve Cotterill. He’s a magnificent manager in the lower 2 divisions.
Steve calling yourself magnificent is stretching it a wee bit ;)

Exehausted

Steve would be my choice with three caveats. He would have to move within 30mins drive of the C&F within 6 months of taking over. Keep any of our backroom staff who want to stay. Positively discriminate in favour of our youth players, with at least two of them on the bench each match. Only let the youngsters out on loan until Christmas, then get them all back. I feel a lot of our youngsters have been kept too far down the pecking order, replaced in the squad by players with appalling injury records that cost us a lot of money, money that was totally wasted. If players that are fully fit at the start of the season get injured, that's bad luck. If players come to us with poor recent injury records and never make a start or very few, that's poor selection. The one thing he would get with us is time. Under our model we don't panic.
People often say that if they are good enough they will be given a chance. I keep getting told that the cream always rises to the top. Not if someone keeps shaking the bottle it doesn't, it'll curdle and go off and end up being thrown away.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could somebody please correct the thread title? Dont you just hate poor spealing and grammer?

Last edited:

andrew p long

Steve would be my choice with three caveats. He would have to move within 30mins drive of the C&F within 6 months of taking over. Keep any of our backroom staff who want to stay. Positively discriminate in favour of our youth players, with at least two of them on the bench each match. Only let the youngsters out on loan until Christmas, then get them all back. I feel a lot of our youngsters have been kept too far down the pecking order, replaced in the squad by players with appalling injury records that cost us a lot of money, money that was totally wasted. If players that are fully fit at the start of the season get injured, that's bad luck. If players come to us with poor recent injury records and never make a start or very few, that's poor selection. The one thing he would get with us is time. Under our model we don't panic.
People often say that if they are good enough they will be given a chance. I keep getting told that the cream always rises to the top. Not if someone keeps shaking the bottle it doesn't, it'll curdle and go off and end up being thrown away.
Heaven help us! Moaning about a system that has produced grimes,Watkins, Ampadu, Pym,JMT.. etc. In recent years. No other league two club comes near to producing so many quality youth products.

And if a senior player is out injured then he can’t be then blocking the way of a youngster...

100milesaway

Could somebody please correct the thread title? Dont you just hate poor spealing and grammer?
My mistake
I’m blaming my stupid phone
No idea how to correct the title tho!

100milesaway

My mistake
I’m blaming my stupid phone
No idea how to correct the title tho!

100milesaway

I hope we stick with PT
But cotterill has an excellent record in lower leagues. His achievements with Cheltenham were incredible. If my memory serves me right he’s also won promotion with Notts County and Bristol City . I think maybe Portsmouth too but I may be making that up
Things tend to go a bit wrong for him in the championship but we won’t need to concern ourselves with that just now.

PeteUSA

If we could only afford him, I'd go for Ian Holloway. He worked wonders at Argyle, and is Premier League manager if ever I saw one. Then theres 'H'. He loves the westcountry and is a fan of Haldon Racecourse with his gee-gee's. He's getting on a bit now; he might relish the chance of a job he perceives as less pressure?

LOG

I'm struggling to understand how, on one hand, you want PT to stay but, on the other, you'd like this fella to be his replacement. They're chalk and cheesy.