• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

"Annual" Reminder: Blocks 111/112 are designated singing blocks

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Blocks 111 and 112 are designated singing blocks and are not for families.

Please do not act surprised or upset when people in these blocks want to stand up to watch the game and sing.

Last year people were moaning about bad language and people standing up in front of them in the designated singing blocks. If you are of mild disposition or cannot stand on your feet for more than 10 minutes without complaining then please do not book seats in these blocks. Needless to say there are designated family areas where you would feel more comfortable.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think that needed to be said last week.

I hope that City fans have got the hang of this. I'm in row 33 having failed to find tickets for row 44 (the last row) in my block. I'm worried I might be made to sit down by Doble Stand users.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I expect in Block 103 not only shall we conduct ourselves with decorum we shall also have a string quartet lead our chants.

contrabombarde

I expect in Block 103 not only shall we conduct ourselves with decorum we shall also have a string quartet lead our chants.
Quite so young man, and in Block 105 we are organising canapes and fizz with perhaps a few well chosen hymns in the interval.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hope the string quartet have got their instruments approved, as per the ground regulations.

Musical instruments can be permitted entry to the stadium as long as they are approved by The FA and Wembley in advance of match day meeting guidelines.

Any supporters wishing to bring instruments to the match must first notify their club who in turns submit a request to The FA. All non -official instruments will be refused entry.
The string quartet will not be allowed to stand to play their instruments.

Blocks 111 and 112 are designated singing blocks and are not for families.

Last year people were moaning about bad language and people standing up in front of them in the designated singing blocks. If you are of mild disposition or cannot stand on your feet for more than 10 minutes without complaining then please do not book seats in these blocks. Needless to say there are designated family areas where you would feel more comfortable.
Well said, that man.

This has plagued our previous three visits and I don't expect Monday to be any different. Bloody tourists. It's a shame that Wembley is the climax to the play-offs when all of the semi-final last legs we've appeared in have to be in my City top ten best matches ever. I suppose it is the penalty for not getting automatic promotion.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well said, that man.

This has plagued our previous three visits and I don't expect Monday to be any different. Bloody tourists. It's a shame that Wembley is the climax to the play-offs when all of the semi-final last legs we've appeared in have to be in my City top ten best matches ever. I suppose it is the penalty for not getting automatic promotion.
I was "plagued" the first time - a couple of people behind me who thought the game didn't KO until ten minutes into each half and then when Lee Phillips almost scored finding myself yanked back into my seat 0.3 seconds after the chance went begging. One of said pair spent the entire match (when he was there) bemoaning the fact we weren't closing down a Morecambe player.

Didn't have any problems in the "singing section" in 2008, nor in our Exiles section last year.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why do you need to stand up to sing?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pavarotti, he say: "more engagement of lower abdomen allows for better projection".

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Because if you don't you sound like Val Doonican.