• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wembley travel costs

Boyo

£87 Exeter to Paddington on a fast train or £63 on the Waterloo line (which takes over 4 hrs each way).

Alternatively it’s £40 on a Club coach (no concessions).

Not cheap is it!?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Group save can knock it down a bit.

4 traveling together for £43.50 on the Exeter to Paddington route,use contactless card(the same cost as Oyster Card) to get from Paddington to Wembley Park.

St David’s to Waterloo is a ball breaker,4hrs 30mins..

manc grecian

Minibus for £20. Not ideal but will have to do. Can see why the less committed of fans can't be arsed. Picked a good time to be off work

denzel

Waterloo is only 3:30 and you càn cut it to £42 by getting a Network card. It's £30 but you can use it for future trips to London (or Salisbury, Yeovil, Honiton... )
Likely to be busy though with no reservations. Hope they don't put a three coach train on!

Oldsmobile-88

Waterloo is only 3:30 and you càn cut it to £42 by getting a Network card. It's £30 but you can use it for future trips to London (or Salisbury, Yeovil, Honiton... )
Likely to be busy though with no reservations. Hope they don't put a three coach train on!
Yep..Last time I went on that line was a couple of years ago,they had a £15 promotion to Waterloo & the train operator had a 3 coach train as far as Salisbury,it was rammed full by Axminster(probably felt like 4.30 hrs)..

RyanPugh

£62 for me, open return to Paddington plus a day travel card for the tube.

grecIAN Harris

I looked at the back end of last week for five of us from Cranbrook with a Friends and Family railcard, £190 odd. I then went to go and buy said on tickets on Sunday night for only four of us and the price had shot up to £290 odd. So I though boylocks to that, I'll take the car up as far as Hillingdon, park there for £2.50 and catch the tube in.

denzel

I looked at the back end of last week for five of us from Cranbrook with a Friends and Family railcard, £190 odd. I then went to go and buy said on tickets on Sunday night for only four of us and the price had shot up to £290 odd. So I though boylocks to that, I'll take the car up as far as Hillingdon, park there for £2.50 and catch the tube in.
Cranbrook to Waterloo is coming out at £105 for 4 with a friends and family card, you sure you did the right search?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can do Pinhoe to Wembley Central return for £63, less 33% with a Network Card or Groupsave. Cheaper than going via Waterloo and/or getting a travelcard.

You'd have to change at Clapham Junction and get the Overground to Willesden Junction. (Change from Platform 7 to Platform 1 at Clapham)

Then it is no more than 10 minutes on another Overground up to Wembley Central. Whilst further from the ground than than the Jubilee Line tube station (Wembley Park), there are lots of pubs and places to eat on Wembley High Road.

It is £69.70 from Central, same route

Beware using either the GWR or SWR websites. They are both awful and don't always give you the cheapest ticket, or the Groupsave.

LOG

Are the Paddington trains running on their usual route? I did the journey last week and whilst only stopping at Taunton and Reading, thanks to ongoing work on the usual line the journey up was via Bristol and it added an hour to it.