• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adidas Kits (early 80's)

Mr Bridger

Does anyone have any more pics (colour preferably)of our early 80's Adidas kit? I've been in contact with some about a possible remake of it.
What colour was the shirt Peter Hatch is seen wearing, red I guess.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I spoke to someone out near Woodbury who would do the exact same lettering if I found a decent shirt , have even tried to ask our older players if they had any left no luck tbh most either got reused for other players til they were not fit for purpose or any that were ok have been lost over the years.

Mr Bridger

I spoke to someone out near Woodbury who would do the exact same lettering if I found a decent shirt , have even tried to ask our older players if they had any left no luck tbh most either got reused for other players til they were not fit for purpose or any that were ok have been lost over the years.
An original would be unreal mate. Just hoping on the remake, I would love one.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Adidas do one similar tbh but the material used now is totally different , even the retro edition they do isn't right.

I did find a couple of original shirts but back then there wasn't the need for replica kits like today and every one I found seem to be on the small side.

There is a slightly hooky company in Birmingham that will make you any kit at a price unless you order over 150 a time.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Exeter_City/Exeter_City.htm

Last edited:

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
A certain exewebber owns a green Adidas City shirt from the late 1970's.

Either that one or another one is on display in the new City museum.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are shirts of this era in the City museum room upstairs you might be able to take photos of including some nice green ones (rofl).

Spooky, Lionel. The green one on display isn't mine as it has short sleeves, mine has long. But it has the same lettering as the red one a year later. Most of the photos from this era are still black and white as I know in my hunt for green evidence.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

A certain exewebber owns a green Adidas City shirt from the late 1970's.

Either that one or another one is on display in the new City museum.
There are shirts of this era in the City museum room upstairs you might be able to take photos of including some nice green ones (rofl).

Spooky, Lionel. The green one on display isn't mine as it has short sleeves, mine has long. But it has the same lettering as the red one a year later. Most of the photos from this era are still black and white as I know in my hunt for green evidence.
If anyone should be able to get a photo of the shirts in the museum that would be great

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
If anyone should be able to get a photo of the shirts in the museum that would be great
I'm going in tomorrow so will try (if i remember and if it's open).

There's a pic of the one that's on display here. IIRC, the Exiles bought it and have donated/loaned it to the museum -
https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/exeter-city-museum-project/

Mr Bridger

Nice one LOG. So is the green shirt the one Peter Hatch is wearing above?
Edit. Possibly not, it looks like it has collars.

Last edited:

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hatch is wearing the home shirt 80/81 the year after the green away shirt 79/80. As you spotted, the collars are different.

The green one above is the one in the museum.

Last edited: