• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for wembley

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am expecting the same line up from the last match, what do others think ?. The media always go on about the "expansive" size of the pitch, but it is 105m x 69m, and St James is 104m x 64m. Maybe an argument for nippy guys like Wilson and Edwards out wide as 2.5m each side is a fair bit of ground ?. If Brown is fully fit will he replace Storey ?, tricky call

Colesman Ballz

I am expecting the same line up from the last match, what do others think ?. The media always go on about the "expansive" size of the pitch, but it is 105m x 69m, and St James is 104m x 64m. Maybe an argument for nippy guys like Wilson and Edwards out wide as 2.5m each side is a fair bit of ground ?. If Brown is fully fit will he replace Storey ?, tricky call
One assumes that the first thing to happen at the Cat n Fiddle on Friday, was for a pitch to be marked out to Wembley dimensions, given our thoroughness for detail.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Personally thought Simpson was awful on Thursday, so many occasions when a fitter, faster more skilful player would have profited. Also thought Moxey had a poor game, surrendering possession too often and Woodman would have been better. Deano's long throws are useful though.

Keep Storey in, he's the future and will gain from his experience at Wembley, Probably our next million pound player.

manc grecian

The only one I'd change is Simpson probably for Wilson with Taylor playing off Stockley.

PeteUSA

Depending on how fit he is, I'd plump for Jones in goal. Its a tough call, but I think his mindset would adapt more to the big Wembley stage. He didnt let playing in front of 65,000 at Old Trafford get to him; and an admirable game he had. Last years final v Blackpool was a general nightmare, and nobody played that well. I did however think that Pym might have done better on their goal that went past him from a diagonal shot from the right. It was remarkably similar to Lincolns goal on thursday where indecision and poor positioning were apparent. Pym is pretty much the finished product on every aspect, and I'm certain he's attracting scouts from bigger clubs. His one on one weakness still prevails IMHO.

STURTZ

Are you real Pete?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Yeah cos playing at Old Trafford 13 years ago has an enormous bearing on probably one of the best keepers in League 2 in 2018.

I would have TAH in goal before putting Jonah in there.

Lets have the same line up for the next game , see what the score is at half time.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Are you real Pete?
Yep, deadly serious. We have the unusual luxury of having two good keepers with equal strengths; I just think Jonah would be the best choice for this specific game. I thought Olejnik was a shoe-in for last years final having played so well in the lead up games. Surprisingly (to me anyway!) he wasnt selected, and we went on to lose. I know most of the players chose that day to have a mare, but I did think Pym was somewhat wanting on the goal I mentioned.

ecfc2000

As long as James doesn't feature we have a chance.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only one I'd change is Simpson probably for Wilson with Taylor playing off Stockley.
Agree wholeheartedly. Irrespective of the fact the Wembley pitch might not be quite as big as urban myth would have us believe, reckon Wilson's athleticism would be well suited to a game such as this, where, no doubt, one or two will go down with cramp in the later stages.

With that in mind, do we know why he wasn't in the 17 on Thursday night? Am assuming he must have had some kinda knock but haven't seen anything to confirm this.