Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Ticket news

Re: Ticket news

Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    Agreed, you could POTG last year as well. It was never going to sell out so i guess it's really about lots of firms making a buck going the ticket route, and having this pretence that you can only get tickets that way up until the last minute. I fully appreciate it is much easier for many to get tickets in advance for a variety of reasons, but it's also easier for some to just POTG, again for a variety of reasons. In my view they should make it clear that both routes are available from Day 1 so people can choose. Anyways, wish I was going, but will have to settle with the commentary UTC
    It's about event and venue management. The 'limited number' of tickets available on the day will be those remaining in blocks that have already been opened up. If they made it more generally pay on the gate they'd have to charge more as they'd be paying stewards and catering staff they may not need (and that's before you consider the ballache involved with selling tens of thousands of tickets on the day of an event).

Re: Ticket news

Quote Originally Posted by sign of the chimes View Post
    It's about event and venue management. The 'limited number' of tickets available on the day will be those remaining in blocks that have already been opened up. If they made it more generally pay on the gate they'd have to charge more as they'd be paying stewards and catering staff they may not need (and that's before you consider the ballache involved with selling tens of thousands of tickets on the day of an event).
    Fair Do's Chimes, I do have a habit of looking at things a bit simplistically and no doubt there are valid reasons these days, didn't seem to matter in the old days !!