Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Club statement re fans behaviour

Re: Club statement re fans behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    Who's the player between Devine and Flack?
    Gary Sawyer, I think.

Exeter City have promised a "full investigation" after Lincoln manager Danny Cowley alleged kit man Dick Tacey was "assaulted" during a pitch invasion following Thursday's play-off defeat.

It took the headlines and a bit of the shine off a great win, but was anybody ever banned or charged after this "assault"?
    If not and it wasn't true, do we deserve an apology?

Quote Originally Posted by eurogrecian View Post
    Exeter City have promised a "full investigation" after Lincoln manager Danny Cowley alleged kit man Dick Tacey was "assaulted" during a pitch invasion following Thursday's play-off defeat.

It took the headlines and a bit of the shine off a great win, but was anybody ever banned or charged after this "assault"?
    If not and it wasn't true, do we deserve an apology?
    Nothing happened, some reports were that their kit man tripped over someone. It was basically made up nonsense from what I could tell.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Cowleys were quick enough to give a story to the papers !

Clearly nothing of any serious nature happened as Lincoln and no-one else has commented on it since the incident. Probably all heat of the moment stuff and over reaction. It's easy to get carried away when emotions are running high.
    Last edited by Snoop Fog; 17 June 2018 at 20:29.

Over-reaction? To accuse City fans of assaulting a 78-year old kit man?
    If it was rubbish, Cowley should apologize.

Danny Cowley was very gracious in defeat in the immediate post-match interview on Sky. He went out of his way to praise us before answering questions about disallowed goal/penalty shouts.

Don't think he was aware of any alleged 'assaults' etc then because he never mentioned it. From TV pictures it did look like some fans went straight over to the Lincoln fans to rub their noses in it rather than just celebrate the result. But it may have just looked worst than it was because that's where the tunnel is? A few Lincoln players/staff were obviously caught up in the melee. Don't think they were getting hearty and friendly commiserations judging by the infamous Rhead photo...........

Quote Originally Posted by Bittners a Legend View Post
    Sorry to essentially post again to say the same thing but it simply isn't true that people gathered around the tunnel for the players.

As far as I'm concerned the pitch invasion is fine but please let's not pretend that the mass of people that collected around the tunnel were all there for the players when that very obviously was not the case.

At the risk of being accused of being boring I think it actually says something quite sad about society and a section of football fans that they would want to taunt or intimidate fellow football fans who will already be very disappointed at having seen their team lose a big game. All very strange behaviour to me. I don't think fans should be quiet and polite but showing a little human decency shouldn't be too much to ask but clearly was for some last night.
    That is what it look like on TV but it was hard to be 100% certain. Thank for clarifying. I'm a fan of the end of season pitch invasion myself. Always used to enjoy the chants of "on the pitch, on the pitch, on the pitch..." after a tannoy announcement asking supporters to stay off the pitch......

We never used to have much to celebrate though so tensions weren't running high. Tended to be a meaningless game with city fans mingling and applauding the away end.

No need for the gloating and winding up opposition fans. Believe it or not they're just like us. Just celebrate the win with the players and enjoy the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelios View Post
    Danny Cowley was very gracious in defeat in the immediate post-match interview on Sky. He went out of his way to praise us before answering questions about disallowed goal/penalty shouts.

Don't think he was aware of any alleged 'assaults' etc then because he never mentioned it.
    He was the source of the quote...