• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club statement re fans behaviour

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/club-statement2/

What happened? The tweet gives no detail.

LDNGrecian

I guess it’s the running to celebrate in front of away fans. Likely to have been some flashpoint there.

dommers

Ban them for life

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well there were a load of fans on the pitch, and then from a long distance shot I saw that there were a whole pile of City fans on the pitch in front of where the Lincoln fans were housed. Maybe something happened then?

Sounds like a few idiots again spoiling things for the majority.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can only assume the "behaviour" was the pitch invasion by City fans. It was quite surprising to see in modern times; I thought that went out of fashion in the 70's, with Danny Bailey hanging around in the middle of the pitch waiting to be lifted shoulder high. There was no way a pitch invasion could be stopped. There appeared to be about a dozen stewards trying to maintain discipline tonight.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well there were a load of fans on the pitch, and then from a long distance shot I saw that there were a whole pile of City fans on the pitch in front of where the Lincoln fans were housed. Maybe something happened then?

Sounds like a few idiots again spoiling things for the majority.
Did not notice anything untoward on sky coverage but perhaps need to look at it again.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I'm assuming it's more likely to be the smoke bomb or whatever it was that was let off. It could clearly be seen on the telly. (I'm presuming, of course, it was done by a home fan).

Oldsmobile-88

A allegation that Lincolns kit man was assaulted,I sit above the tunnel & he was certainly distressed as he went down the tunnel..

Colesman Ballz

I was relatively close to the Lincoln fans, when ours went over. They were actually applauding the Lincoln fans for their support. However the Lincoln fans hurled abuse back at them in return, and turned it into a confrontation. Didn't see anything really untowards happening.

Don't know if anything else happened like players getting assaulted although Ryan Harley did get kissed by an over excited middle aged male City fan !

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
A allegation that Lincolns kit man was assaulted,I sit above the tunnel & he was certainly distressed as he went down the tunnel..
Yes I have now read that too. 78 year old kit man assaulted by gloating City fans, Nicky Cowley hit on the head. If true it is disgraceful and I hope the culprits are arrested and banned, and a fulsome apology made to Lincoln City.