• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hiram Boateng take a bow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, but Phillips goal was a breakaway from halfway with defenders chasing after him, whereas Boateng was running at a fully positioned defence.

I was thinking that Boateng's run had similarities to the famous run when Rob Edwards ran the length of the pitch to pull the ball back for Harley in the semi final decider at Torquay,
Or tah at wednesday.?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it was a better goal than both TAH and Sir Rob of Edwards. Reminiscent of both but the finish was unbelievable. Boateng had to get that inch perfect. Best solo goal I've ever seen maybe.

Positive spin

Yeah, but Phillips goal was a breakaway from halfway with defenders chasing after him, whereas Boateng was running at a fully positioned defence.

I was thinking that Boateng's run had similarities to the famous run when Rob Edwards ran the length of the pitch to pull the ball back for Harley in the semi final decider at Torquay,
There was also TAH’s goal end of season against Sheffield Wednesday although that lacked the long distance shot.

thermopylai

If he fulfills his long-term potential he should become a championship standard player.
He will. With us.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
The other thing about Hiram's goal is at the very beginning of his run he is being held back by the Lincoln number 4 but presses on.

If the roles had been reversed I would have bet on the Lincoln player (or indeed players of several teams we play against) falling to ground to win a free kick in his own half.

LOG

Robin Hood often took a bow.

Spoonz Red E

Narrowly defined.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
As did Yehudi Menuhin.

contrabombarde

I thought that was how you tied your shoe laces.

Spoonz Red E

I thought that was how you tied your shoe laces.
If this thread ends in a tie it'll go to penalties.