Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: So, what now for Tisdale?

Re: So, what now for Tisdale?

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    Are you trying to deflect the blame towards Fletcher Christian there Geoff ? Bend over and take your punishment like a man !
    Apparently I'm very good at deflection CB. Oh well, whack away.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonz Red E View Post
    Sometimes they do and are consciously demonstrating that they will not be cowed by what they see as the stultifying or oppressive zeitgeist.
    History has many examples. Some crash and burn, some are vilified or much worse, others are later feted as mould breakers.

The new factor in our media hungry times is that 'odd' people are often put upon to explain or quantify their oddness whereas before the 'oddness' was a statement in itself and either horrified or encouraged others of the age.

I do get the point that sometimes, 'oddness' can be mere self promotion - more trivial or banal than the claims made for it.

Speaking of Brian Clough I've watched this exchange between him and John Motson a few times over the years.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd8wKQo2M6U

If you take Clough's point about too much chat and not enough football (and I do) maybe one reason for Tis's interviews not being 'especially mind blowing' is he has to do over a hundred of them a season with each one being deconstructed on social media shortly afterwards.
    Regarding interviews, it's something all managers have to go through. I agree it must be a pain to have to explain "why did you lose?" after a game and find different ways to say "because the other team was better".
    I don't think Tisdale is odd, and that is my point. Independent thinker? I think many managers have their way of dealing with things. I also take Clough's point about too much chat but not enough about the actual football. The good thing about Cloughie was his dry sense of humor, and he was pretty unique.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    Apparently I'm very good at deflection CB. Oh well, whack away.
    Yep, you've definitely scored some own goals through bleddy deflections. Hope the keeper behind you is aware...

Perhaps not a record in the true sense of the word but certainly a combination of events which will surely stay unique.

Namely a manager who is the longest serving manager throughput all four top leagues in the football pyramid taking a team to Wembley in search of a win that will see them promoted to League One whilst at the same time being 1/5 odds on favourite to be the next manager of a team just relegated to League Two.....fact stranger than fiction !!

More from former Exeweb's Jabba The Gut on Twitter that he has put on our timeline (he really hates you!)

I suspect the "Tisdale Out ignoramuses" on @exemsg etc haven't considered the fact that if (I'm pretty convinced it's "when") they get their wish good chance key staff & players will eventually join him at MK. Players respect Tis - weren't happy re resolution/way Tis treated
    A reminder that he knows nothing about what goes on at the Club!
    Last edited by Hants_red; 27 May 2018 at 17:37.