• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So, what now for Tisdale?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's no doubting that tonight was Tisdale's night. Some of my exeweb chums on the matchday thread feel he should stay after tonight's performance. Moxey suggests he's Citys greatest ever manager by virtue of the Wembley visits we've had with him. It certainly was a wonderful night, and I cant help but think the players did what they did for him. Assuming that his minds not made up to leave for MK Dons, should the club do whatever it takes to keep him at St James Park?

manc grecian

Free plane tickets to lash your computer in the bin

DB9

So what now for Tisdale? Preparing a team for Wembley first and foremost

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
A monument outside the Park !

iscalad

A monument outside the Park !
He's already got a cardboard cut-out.

Antony Moxey

It’d be nice if social media, and the media in general,didn’t keep banging on about him being sacked or about to leave. If you want to speculate do it after the Wembley match. As for the club, they should just give him what he wants within a fixed term contract, and do it tomorrow. He’s earned it with regards to both results on the pitch over the last 18 months and results off it though the development of the academy and profits from player sales.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
He's already got a cardboard cut-out.
I was thinking a nice bronze one tbh lol.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listening to his interview on sky tonight it's clear he hasn't made his mind up yet despite me previously thinking he knew whether he was staying or going.

I'm now thinking if we go up he'll look to stay. Another shot at L1 in our revamped stadium would be too much to refuse. L2 however I feel would be the opposite.

You just know we're going up this time though. I can feel it in me waters.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’d be nice if social media, and the media in general,didn’t keep banging on about him being sacked or about to leave. If you want to speculate do it after the Wembley match. As for the club, they should just give him what he wants within a fixed term contract, and do it tomorrow. He’s earned it with regards to both results on the pitch over the last 18 months and results off it though the development of the academy and profits from player sales.
Totally agree Ant he has made mistakes and could do with occasionaly showing a little more humility but overall he is a quality manager. Many of us have thought that being under no pressure to perform he was in too comfortable a position for the overall good of the Club and it does seem to be more than a coincidence that his approach to games seemed to suddenly become a lot more positive after the Trust’s intervention with regard to his contract.

Many of us have also suggested that he lacked ambition and was more than happy to continue as we was “we are who we are etc”. I am now though beginning to wonder whether this was the case or as he has recently been implying, that it was not himself who lacked ambition but that he was frustrated by the fact the Club as a supporters owned Club seemed to have no clear direction as to where it wanted to go.

If this is the case then I believe the Trust and the Main Board need to get their act together quickly and offer him a sensible contract fair to both parties which clearly sets out the targets he needs to achieve with the appropriate financial incentives and awards.

sign of the chimes

Outside opinion - but I think he'll go. Regardless of the ins and outs and rights and wrongs of the notice being served it changed the nature of the relationship between the club and the manager.

If I were Tisdale I'd have adapted to focus more on short-term results when notice was served (which it feels as though he has done)- but would also have become much more receptive to approaches from elsewhere, as when that becomes the priority, you're being judged on the same basis as most other managers and if those are the rules you're playing to a club with greater resources is going to give you a better chance of success.