• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dambusters Tribute tonight

ImpossibleOpinion

Here in peace...funny seeing you are as nervous as us and so many trying to person over Rhead..Stockley is just far more subtle at hiding his pulls and falls..all big forwards need it just to survive..two very well matched teams and maybe home advantage gives you the edge...and the fact that we would have taken 5k plus to Clownty and Cov ..the 378 arriving tonight will be our voice..and the 617 lads are doing a card display tonight in for the Dambusters 75th which i hope your guys respect the meaning behind it and then we can slug out the game..whichever team wins needs to go on Wembley and win the biggeeee . Nice to see the great mutual respect between Cowley and Tisdale .May the best team win #UTI

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here in peace...funny seeing you are as nervous as us and so many trying to person over Rhead..Stockley is just far more subtle at hiding his pulls and falls..all big forwards need it just to survive..two very well matched teams and maybe home advantage gives you the edge...and the fact that we would have taken 5k plus to Clownty and Cov ..the 378 arriving tonight will be our voice..and the 617 lads are doing a card display tonight in for the Dambusters 75th which i hope your guys respect the meaning behind it and then we can slug out the game..whichever team wins needs to go on Wembley and win the biggeeee . Nice to see the great mutual respect between Cowley and Tisdale .May the best team win #UTI
Sincerely hope that our younger supporters who probably know little about the Dambusters will respect this and not take it simply as a demo by the Lincoln supporters in support of their team.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not much in peace by the tone of your post...

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... the Dambusters 75th ... respect the meaning behind it ...
I lived for three years in the vicinity of the Mohne dam, in the early 80s. There was still a lot of animosity towards the British and ill-feeling. Not surprised though. For example, a nearby village had no grandparents living there, they'd all been killed in the raid. Civilian casualties were very high. So, while the raid may have been necessary from a war point of view, it's not something I would particularly feel comfortable celebrating.

Last edited:

Terryhall

Let's get this thread in banter base where it belongs so we can respond appropriately. In peace.

Within the boundaries of WOWS, my opinion is that Rhead is a thug who has to physically intimidate players to make up for his footballing limitations. Stockley is a good footballer who doesn't shy away from physical defenders. Poles apart in my eyes.

Hope you're right that home advantage sees us through. I'm sure you had the same dig at your own club when they sold our allocation out from under us for the league game at your place.

Last edited:

contrabombarde

Let's get this thread in banter base where it belongs so we can respond appropriately. In peace.

Within the boundaries of WOWS, my opinion is that Rhead is a thug who has to physically intimidate players to make up for his footballing limitations. Stockley is a good footballer who doesn't shy away from physical defenders. Poles apart in my eyes.

Hope you're right that home advantage sees us through. I'm sure you had the same dig at your own club when they sold our allocation out from under us for the league game at your place.
Excellent post which sums it all up perfectly. I agree that the post should not be on WOWS.

PS. We don’t slug out games.

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Your wish is our command ... (LLL)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Hope anyone with PTSD from Iraq, Afghan at the game tonight has your feelings towards the siren.

Air raid sirens used primarily for impending death and destruction for people below not for corner kicks in football.

Seems about as far away as you can get to pay respect to young aircraft crews on both sides who flew during the war years many of whom lost their lives.

Root_Control

Not much in peace by the tone of your post...
Good to your puckered porthole getting a little twitchy.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Shame some Lincoln fans don't know how to behave. About a dozen police following a group of idiots from one damaged pub to another.