Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New director of football?

Re: New director of football?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Russell View Post
    Another useful exeweb contribution. Is he still living at X? If so, blah, blah. Are you worried about his carbon footprint?
    Sod all to do with carbon footprint. Try having an "open mind" for once, there are many ways to manage a team successfully, take for example Paul Cook. He insists that all his players live locally. Hence James Dunne was shown the door at Pompey for refusing to relocate from London. He has just achieved back to back promotions, with Pompey last season from Div 2, and this season taking Wigan up as League One Champions. Would you question his approach, because it seems to be pretty successful to me ?

You've moved on to talking about players. I responded to your post concerning Matt Oakley.

You've moved on to talking about players. I responded to your post concerning Matt Oakley.
    It applies equally to Players, Managers, and even Directors of Football doesn't it ?

Oakley DoF, Matt Taylor manager, Paul Jones assistant manager. You heard it here first ( ..and last). Jonesy will have special responsibility for dealing with Pate's posts..
    Last edited by IndoMike; 14 May 2018 at 23:30.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a job description to be put together.

A business should have a succession plan in place accounting for key person risk - that should include a full awareness of the specifics of job roles and a plan to implement should that person leave.

It is incumbent on the club board to ensure that this is in place, and it is incumbent on the trust board to ensure the club board does it.

Agree with Andy Holloway that I would expect the detail of this to be extensive and varied - but nevertheless it needs to be better documented than "anything and everything".

This is not from an angle of questioning what he does/did to earn his wage - it is from a perspective of proper governance and operation of the business side of ECFC

Any Trustees able to confirm whether job descriptions and succession plans have been put in place for key persons?

I understand perfectly thank you - smiley face would of course cover all.
    No current thoughts I wish to share on a new DoF.
    Ah good at least there's some progress then. Do keep going though, i can't help feelng that you're very close to formulating your first thought.

An appointment from outside the Club could be a good idea. We sell them the ethos of our Club, and they say I can deliver that in a better way than you're doing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    Sod all to do with carbon footprint. Try having an "open mind" for once, there are many ways to manage a team successfully, take for example Paul Cook. He insists that all his players live locally. Hence James Dunne was shown the door at Pompey for refusing to relocate from London. He has just achieved back to back promotions, with Pompey last season from Div 2, and this season taking Wigan up as League One Champions. Would you question his approach, because it seems to be pretty successful to me ?
    I’m pretty sure back to back Premiership table toppers and current English champions Exeter Chiefs insist on this as well.

I think Tisdale to DofF with Matt Taylor taking up the reigns as manager is a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    for example Paul Cook. He insists that all his players live locally. Hence James Dunne was shown the door at Pompey for refusing to relocate from London. He has just achieved back to back promotions, with Pompey last season from Div 2, and this season taking Wigan up as League One Champions. Would you question his approach, because it seems to be pretty successful to me ?
    Of course the fact remains that where folk live in terms of proximity to work may still not be a factor at all to do with success. A very strong team that travels daily to training is still likely to beat a weaker side that lives locally. On that note, did the club once own property they used to house players when needed and if so do they still own any now?