• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New director of football?

Matt Russell

With Steve Perryman retiring, do people think he should be replaced? Is a role like this a luxury a lower league club can ill afford?

The role itself is a relatively new introduction in football and what its purpose is is often unclear clubs managed without them for a long time so why do we need them now? Personally I don't think its a role a that a club that constantly talks about lack of funds for playing staff should be even thinking about, but what do others think? And who would be your choice (Tisdale fans need not reply, I think we know your answer)?
Democracy in action - is it?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not helpful as still doesn't explain what he did? When you say everything and anything does this include maintenance work?

Is he/was he like Tisdales husband getting on with an ever growing list of jobs that need doing!

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didnt think it was any secret that Perrymans role in Tisdales early days was teaching him the managerial ropes. Bear in mind that Tisdale had never been a club manager when he was awarded the SJP job; He probably didnt have a clue where to start! Remember the ongoing cell-phone communication arrangement between the pair throughout matches? Tisdale has always had experienced sidekicks throughout his time, like Russell Osman, John Yems etc. If this MK deal comes off, god only knows who his experienced advisor will be. Theres nobody on Citys books at the moment who he could take to fill the role.

Colesman Ballz

Not helpful as still doesn't explain what he did? When you say everything and anything does this include maintenance work?

Is he/was he like Tisdales husband getting on with an ever growing list of jobs that need doing!
I don't think that Tis wants his babies ! ;)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems to me that Matt Oakley is the one most likely to take over from SP. He's been taking on some of the duties I would usually associate with SP this season anyway.

Colesman Ballz

Seems to me that Matt Oakley is the one most likely to take over from SP. He's been taking on some of the duties I would usually associate with SP this season anyway.
Is he still living in the East Midlands ? If so perhaps he will be heading to MKD too, it would shorten his commute considerably !

Matt Russell

Is he still living in the East Midlands ? If so perhaps he will be heading to MKD too, it would shorten his commute considerably !
Another useful exeweb contribution. Is he still living at X? If so, blah, blah. Are you worried about his carbon footprint?

malcolms

Another useful exeweb contribution. Is he still living at X? If so, blah, blah. Are you worried about his carbon footprint?
A predictable over reaction to a perfectly reasonable observation.....

Red Bill

Democracy in action - is it?
Is there going to be a vote at the end then? I'll put a little smiley face next time i make a tongue in cheek comment to make it easier for you to understand.

WhiIe you're on here, have you got any thoughts about a new DoF?

Matt Russell

Is there going to be a vote at the end then? I'll put a little smiley face next time i make a tongue in cheek comment to make it easier for you to understand.

WhiIe you're on here, have you got any thoughts about a new DoF?
I understand perfectly thank you - smiley face would of course cover all.
No current thoughts I wish to share on a new DoF.