Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Players you admire/you'd like us to sign

Re: Players you admire/you'd like us to sign

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    Not so sure. I was never a massive Nichols fan and he's hardly been pulling up trees since he left. The big & little man upfront combination went out in the 90's.
    It's not the big man/little man thing I was looking at specifically but the way Nichols would work around Stockley. If Tis was to continue to keep hitting the ball into Stockley from distance then you need somebody sharp enough and smart enough to do that. He also gives you the option to go past Stockley which would distort the oppsition back four, run the channels and all the while taking the pressure off of Stockley because he would have to deal with two defenders on him all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by grecIAN Harris View Post
    It's not the big man/little man thing I was looking at specifically but the way Nichols would work around Stockley. If Tis was to continue to keep hitting the ball into Stockley from distance then you need somebody sharp enough and smart enough to do that. He also gives you the option to go past Stockley which would distort the oppsition back four, run the channels and all the while taking the pressure off of Stockley because he would have to deal with two defenders on him all the time.
    He’s gone right off the boil 2 goals in 45 games!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    He’s gone right off the boil 2 goals in 45 games!
    Stockley went off the boil in a big way after leaving us too. Some players just really need to be in the right system.

I'd have Harry Pell like a shot ,big lad ,not afraid to try a long shot which is something we hardly ever try ,
    Matt Crookes from Northampton ,great ball player .,lost his way a bit from when him and Josh Windass ripped us apart a couple of seasons ago .
    Dayle Grubb ?

Quote Originally Posted by Temporarily Exiled View Post
    Stockley went off the boil in a big way after leaving us too. Some players just really need to be in the right system.
    For a start he was playing in the Scottish Premiership and itís better than L2 and he still got 6.

Also Rovers Paid 150k for Tom so heís not going to be released on a free.
    Last edited by Red Monster; 07 May 2018 at 09:57.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    For a start he was playing in the Scottish Premiership and it’s better than L2 and he still got 6.

Also Rovers Paid 150k for Tom so he’s not going to be released on a free.
    Scottish premier isn’t better than league 2 it’s ****e - our conference is a better standard - take Celtic out who would be perhaps a top half championship side the rest are no better than league 1 or 2

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Harry Pell has signed a pre-contract agreement with a club already Cheltenham have said

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    Harry Pell has signed a pre-contract agreement with a club already Cheltenham have said
    Could be us

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    Colchester I think

If we go up I'd take Szmodics from Colchester and Jodi Jones from Coventry, they both tore us apart in games this season (albeit Szmodics was pretty quiet at the weekend.)

I'm also a massive fan of Whatmough at Pompey, Troy has been great this year but JMT next to Whatmough would be a great centre half partnership I think. Chance of us getting any of these three would be very slim though.

Nobody yet posted Levi Landricombe or have I missed it?