• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Players you admire/you'd like us to sign

LDNGrecian

Are there any players that you've seen that are realistically possible for us to sign (either in League 1 or league 2)??

I'd like to see:

Harry Pell (who has agreed a deal to leave Cheltenham)
Dan Sweeney- Barnet
Mauro Vilhete- Barnet
Carl Winchester- Cheltenham
Ed Upson- MK Dons (Only realistic if we go up to League 1)
Matt Grimes back on loan.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Leave it to Keith Curle to sort out.

Antony Moxey

I’d quite like Harry Kane and Mo Salah please.

Temporarily Exiled

If we went up, Chuks Aneke from MK Dons. Incredibly talented player that has no business being in League 2. Scores a lot of goals from midfield, which would be very useful for us. Very technical too. Downside is that even with just one year left on bis deal, he could cost more than Stockley.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

David Wheeler - back on a half / full season loan.

Hopefully his ankle injury will have healed and a spell of rehab back with friendly and supportive supporters could speed his recovery no end!!!

I'd not be averse to any of the following...

Luke Young - Torquay. Local boy, talented midfielder.

Scott Golbourne - likely to be released by Bristol City, might be worth a punt if Woodman retires?

Ricky Miller from Dover Athletic - national League player of the year. Striker, could be worth a punt.

Finally, from Barnet, I've always had a soft spot for Jamal Campbell-Ryce.

On loan:

Zak Vyner - defender at Bristol City, spent the second half of the season at Argyle where he won Young Player of the Year. Is unlikely as he'll be pushing for a starting spot at Ashton Gate, but would be a good signing in League 1. Plus I know his dad.

I've also always liked that Reuben Reid fella who plays for FGR. Might be worth a look *whistles innocently*

LDNGrecian

Finally, from Barnet, I've always had a soft spot for Jamal Campbell-Ryce.
He left Barnet in January for Carlisle although he is now out of contract!

He left Barnet in January for Carlisle although he is now out of contract!
I clearly have a blindspot to go with the soft spot! How did I miss that?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rhys Healey who’s scored 6 in 7 while one loan at Torquay from Cardiff. Now they’ve been promoted I expect he will be surplus there. He also did well on loan at Newport last season in L2.

Olufela Olomola who’s at Southampton and spent the first half of this season at Yeovil. He’s quick and looks a talent and would be good alongside Stockley. As would Healey.

Agree with Carl Winchester who looked very good at SJP for Cheltenham and their fans rate him.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I clearly have a blindspot to go with the soft spot! How did I miss that?
You also missed that Ricky Miller left Dover a year ago for Peterborough. Did nothing there and went to Mansfield in January where he also did nothing much. Apparently he’s also a bit of a **** so wouldn’t be too keen.