• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Play off Semi Final 1st Leg - Lincoln Away (12th May)

RyanPugh

All confirmed now! Safe to say I'm already nervous, but bring it on!
How many will we take to this one?

Ashford Grecian

Clap,clap + junior if I can get tickets and if its 3pm not a ridiculous 7.30pm

Lenny

Just checked out trains, not possible to get back in the day.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just checked out trains, not possible to get back in the day.
17:22 Lincoln to Retford,change Retford(18:01)to Kings Cross(arriving 19:30) tube to Paddington.20:30 departure for Exeter.

A tight connection At Retford,because it’s less than 10 mins Network Rail will not take responsibility for any delay catching that train.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Just ordered my ticket

Think I’m going to go with Grecian Travel

CITY CASUAL

Hopefully a clap clap from me if Oldsmoblie-88 is driving!

Last edited:

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
17:22 Lincoln to Retford,change Retford(18:01)to Kings Cross(arriving 19:30) tube to Paddington.20:30 departure for Exeter.

A tight connection At Retford,because it’s less than 10 mins Network Rail will not take responsibility for any delay catching that train.
Doesn't say much for the rail infrastructure when you have to travel all the way up to London just to get to the East Midlands and then they probably you rip you off for privilege of sending you half way round the country.

Oldsmobile-88

Doesn't say much for the rail infrastructure when you have to travel all the way up to London just to get to the East Midlands and then they probably you rip you off for privilege of sending you half way round the country.
Getting back is the problem.You would need to get the 1655 off of Lincoln to get back via Birmingham New St(3 changes) it would not be really feasible,though the station is not too far from the ground.
The days of me sprinting to the station,like I did to get the 1710 off of Darlington(1.5 miles from ground) once are long gone..:D..

Going back via Kings X is the only viable option.Cost for the whole trip on the train would be around £120,I expect.

Oldsmobile-88

Hopefully a clap clap from me if Oldsmoblie-88 is driving!
I will let you know on Tuesday..

It does not seem that long ago(a month) that I last drove to Lincoln !..Not the easiest place to get to from
Devon..500 mile round trip.

Red Devon

Anyone who went to the league game give me the heads up on where we’ll be housed and what the view is like??