• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Keith Curle to Exeter?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If Tisdale does go to MK Dons and takes the backroom staff it looks like we would need to look elsewhere for a manager.

Keith Curle has good knowledge of the lower leagues (e.g. Mansfield and Notts County), has managed locally at Torquay United. Would buy in to our football philosophy, of developing youth players. Can operate with a limited budget. Best dressed manager in League 2.

The perfect fit?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Proper football manager in my book always comes across so well in the media he doesn’t have a great cv though...probably a bit too demanding on JT so don’t think it would happen!

Oh and can we get away from this limited budget nonsense that has been holding the club back for years....we have been selling players for millions in the last two or thee seasons and Tisdale himself said again this week that the club is healthier than its ever been.

PeteUSA

Oh, and can we get away from this limited budget nonsense that has been holding the club back for years....we have been selling players for millions in the last two or thee seasons and Tisdale himself said again this week that the club is healthier than its ever been.
It'll be considerably healthier if he continues to baulk at the contract thats been offered. We dont need to pay anywhere near the kind of money he's been on, or what he's probably turned down. Curle would fit the club to a tee and would probably come to live in the city; as opposed to PT commuting from Chippenham, which IMHO should never have been allowed.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's experienced but pretty crap.

We would be better recruiting someone ambitious from the lower leagues or bringing through someone like Matt Oakley in my opinion.

PeteUSA

He's experienced but pretty crap.
Care to elaborate?

PeteUSA

If Tisdale does go to MK Dons and takes the backroom staff it looks like we would need to look elsewhere for a manager.
I dont see how the backroom staff would have any allegience to him, unless they're all let go? Football these days is dog eat dog. I suspect with the exception of Oakley, that they'd rather stay employed at Exeter. Now if it was his schoolboy chum Marcus Stewart I could see it, but not with our lot IMHO.

Last edited:

Banksy

Let's worry about this when Tisdale walks , early days yet.

STURTZ

I'm expecting Tis to leave, think his replacement would have to come from the club, Tully/Carlisle could be a shout.

haka

Gareth Southgate should be available sometime in June ...

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Gareth Southgate should be available sometime in June ...
In the words of John Macenroe ............. You cannot be serious ! Hate that man with a vengeance.