• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Colchester United Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
1.30am: Nobody else bothered? This isnt a game with nothing riding on it is it? I thought todays result determined who we played and where in the playoffs?

Alistair20000

Out of the country and missing the Sid James Park scene today. :(

A good win going into the payoffs would be nice.

I guess with our finishing place at stake and this not being a dead match The Cheese will not be coming on in the 17 shirt for a cameo.

UTC

IndoMike

A win would be nice, but the main thing is we don't lose players to injury. 2-2 draw.

Colesman Ballz

With Colchester showing the sort of form associated with a team packing their sun cream into their suitcases, I expect a morale boosting win in albeit a pretty turgid match. 3-1 City win.

Banksy

Bit of an anti climax.Just hope the game is used to experiment to hopefully give us a little extra oomph for the playoffs.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We need to make sure we get at least a point so that we can be at home in the second leg. Leaving for Exeter shortly.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/05/04/next-up-exeter-city-vs-colchester-utd/

Banksy

With our sort of game does it matter whether we are home or away second leg? Honest question.Just have a gut feeling too Lincoln may be the biggest obstacle in the playoffs.Anyway , come on you Reds....

Rog H K

Injury free please
Entertainment
4-1:S
Run out for a few players
Rochdale win 4-0 and Argyle win 1-0(devil)
Beers with the Norwegian Grecians who have come over the North sea today(beer).
Get oop park and enjoy the day.
UTC

StroudGrecian

We need to make sure we get at least a point so that we can be at home in the second leg.
Just been looking at this and the various possibilities today - given their goal difference I think the same is also true for Notts County. If we lose it is entirely possible that all four play-off teams could finish on 77 points - which would leave us in 7th, though I think all permutations are possible among the current four in 4th to 7th, depending on today's results. Can't see either Coventry or Lincoln losing today so I don't think Mansfield will still be involved come 5pm.

More simply though, and as others have said, I'm not convinced playing the second leg at home is much of an advantage but going into the play-offs without a win in three would put us on the back foot - so here's hoping we finish the normal season today with a moral-boosting victory. COYR!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just a reminder of when the play off dates are, look at (read the bit at the bottom as well!) https://www.efl.com/news/2018/may/play-offs-semi-final-dates-announced/